At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Provides support to the Operations Department, handling an array of responsibilities focusing on providing any type of support necessary to complete the closing functions. Not limited to, but may include: collection of application fees; handling change requests, change circumstances; preparing and mailing of disclosures, any other functions to assist the closing functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews and runs credit card or e-check transactions for collection of required service deposit.
- Receives change requests and reviews for approval or rejection according to guidelines. Provides required disclosures. Monitors reports for satisfactory compliance disclosures in regard to loan changes.
- Read and respond or forward e-mails received in department mailboxes.
- Handle any denied or returned credit card or e-check transactions.
- Prepare checks, federal express envelopes, tickets and journals as requested or needed.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Thorough knowledge of loan documents, real estate terminology, secondary marketing and guidelines of RESPA, TIL, GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC.
- Good knowledge of various aspects of mortgage loan origination, mortgage loan processing/closing, mortgage sales and mortgage loan servicing with the bank.
- Typing of 40-45 WPM.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Knowledge of 10-key machine.
- Photocopier and fax machine.
- Maintains filing system.
- PC proficiencies with Windows based software in Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Math and analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Mortgage