At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, provides support related to various or assigned complex products. Assists in areas such as- implementing projects to develop new products, establishing compliance with new regulations, introducing process improvements, and performing system upgrades or enhancements. Responsible for helping in the operational aspects of the business. Functions as a point of contact for audit, risk and compliance personnel. Researches and responds to questions from front office personnel and customers.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Assists in conducting training classes on new or updated procedures, as necessary.
- Assists in supporting new product development activities by researching operational, accounting, systems, risk and compliance implications; assisting with efforts to develop a business case before product launch; help in developing and implementing systems and process changes; and updating process workflows and policy & procedure documentation.
- Assists in implementing new regulatory requirements in the back office and middle office, including: analyzing the regulations and understanding their impact on the business; help in implementing process changes; and providing training to employees on the new requirements.
- Researches and resolves questions or issues raised by customers, business partners, and other team members including but not limited to: discrepancies, system issues, policy interpretations, and audit remediation.
- Under general supervision, liaise with audit, risk and compliance personnel. Provides overviews of the business and related processes and controls; answers questions; responds to requests for information; attends audit meetings; and implements solutions to remediate findings and recommendations.
- Supports various systems projects for the business unit including system implementations, upgrades, and enhancements.
- May recommend process improvements to introduce efficiencies and/or strengthen controls.
- Supports various other initiatives that support the business unit's objectives as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration or related area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 - 5 yrs Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
Requires 5 years minimum prior underwriting experience.
- Strong knowledge of product line assigned including operational aspects. Complete understanding of product structures, systems and processes.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Develop office procedures
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Use personal computer
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Fraud/Loss Prevention
- Knowledge of fraud prevention techniques
- Knowledge of IRIS platform
- Strong research and analytic skills
- High attention to detail in reviewing data and in writing reports
- Ability to build and strengthen partnerships with other people
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and Power Point skills; facility with workflow and dashboard tools
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible problem-solver, open minded to receiving input from others
- Ability to write concisely and accurately
- Desire to work in a continuous improvement environment
- Knowledge of technology processes and products a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Product Development