At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting Manager with functions of the Pricing Desk, including development, administration, enforcement, and tracking of Bank Pricing Policy and Procedures. Creates, maintains, and administers product rate sheet and pricing model.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Assists the Manager with the Pricing Desk, ensuring compliance with Pricing Policy and Procedures. Makes pricing decisions on individual loans with complex circumstances.
- Oversees mortgage pricing rate sheet and home equity rate sheet, ensuring pricing consistency in and among products and compliance with secondary marketing delivery requirements.
- Revises and keeps current Pricing Policy, Pricing Procedures, and Mortgage Pricing Model. Counsels management on any necessary changes and administers any changes.
- Tracks mortgage and home equity market and competitor analyses and recommends and assists with implementation of pricing changes and/or modifications to existing products, programs, policies and procedures.
- Analyzes external pricing factors, determines the impact of pricing on production and provides strategic and tactical business plans using specific mortgage data, external pricing surveys and internal models to achieve production growth or minimize negative impacts due to uncontrollable market factors.
- Makes daily pricing recommendations and adjustments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience in the mortgage/financial services industry
- Minimum four years of customer service experience
- 7 years required relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Analytical and statistical skills
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage and/or consumer real estate products, services and sales
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage and/or consumer real estate loan underwriting, documentation, and legal/regulatory requirements
- Keen understanding of mortgage loan pricing, and financial concepts such as regulatory capital, return on equity, gain on sale, interest rate risk, credit risk, and other factors impacting the profitability of a mortgage lending decision
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Product Development