At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for creating complete and accurate loan documentation to ensure a legally enforceable contractual agreement between the borrower and the bank while satisfying all internal and external regulatory requirements.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Prepares required loan documentation for all personal property consumer transactions utilizing Laser Pro software, ensuring a legally enforceable agreement between borrower and the bank.
Reviews loan documentation for state specific requirements, file contents for all applicable supporting documentation, and verification of the rate as documented in the application processing system.
Reviews loan file to ensure accuracy and completeness. This includes to checking for spelling errors, correct rates, and the inclusion of all required supporting documentation.
Works with collateral and loan officer staff members to resolve any questions or issues associated with the file.
Receives questions and assists branch personnel regarding loan documentation (i.e. verbiage, titling, disbursements, etc)
Provides additional support to other areas of Direct Lending Operations as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 2-3 years minimum closing experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Associate's Degree Business or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Experience in a high volume/production environment preferred.
- Knowledge of consumer loan and line documentation.
- Knowledge of consumer loan compliance regulations.
- Knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office software, including Word and Excel.
- Administrative/Technical Skills.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service skills.
- Personal computer skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Consumer