BNP Paribas is a leading European
bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more
than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000
in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal
since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the
country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this
territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support
its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key
positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International
Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are
covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional
Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and
institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals,
community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional
clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing,
investment, savings and protection insurance.
RISK I2S is one of the five
Business domains of RISK. The domain has responsibility of the credit risk
profile and related credit approval process for all Institutional clients,
Intragroup entities and Market Infrastructures.
Main missions are:
- Recommend to Senior and
General Management the target risk profile of Institutional & Securities
Services activities in line with the Group target risk profile
- Manage the credit approval
process and policies
- Adapt RISK I2S Domain to
- Act as RISK representative
vis-à-vis the Coverage and Business lines
The Credit Support Analyst
will be actively contributing to the credit approval process for Funds and
Asset Managers in collaboration with Credit Teams in the hubs.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
1. Data Management
& Data Collection
- Collect documentation needed for credit analysis
- Collect limit requests from Business lines, create requests in RISK
- Collect former credit decisions
- Check status of Legal Documentation in Beagle and prepare Credit
Questionnaires in line with BNPP standards
- Produce and format reports for peer comparison, limits & exposure
monitoring and other regular or Ad Hoc reports
- Check Delegation Levels and type of analysis needed for all
counterparties in Annual Revoews
2. Credit Analysis
& Contribution to Credit Approval Process
- Take responsibility for fast track requests in the credit approval
workflow tool CPA (Light Annual - Reviews, onboarding of funds, reallocations,
- Credit Analysis of counterparties
- Limit input
- Clear and concise deal description and rationale
- Credit Memo
- Minutes writing
- Submission to Delegation Holder
- According to hubs and needs, manage a portfolio of counterparties
- Credit Analysis of counterparties
- Ad Hoc & flow requests
3. Risk Reporting &
- Produce, analyze and communicate Limits and Exposure reports to credit
process stakeholders. Provide recommendations on actions to be taken
- Perform data extractions, produce statistics/indicators and prepare
presentations for reporting exercises and risk reviews
- Perform and monitor data quality enhancements in RISK Systems etc.
- Monitor the Annual Review Calendar and Past Due Reporting jointly with
Credit Analysts and Credit Team heads
- Coordinate, organize and lead Past Due Committees, including production
of presentations and minutes writing
- Contribute to Excess Management and closing of excesses
Education: Bachelor degree in Banking, Finance,
Economics, Risk Management, Financial Markets or other relevant areas.
Experience: 2+ years in Banking, Consultancy (finance) or
Languages: English (fluent), second language
and proactivity, multitasking
(verbal and written)
knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
of banking and financial markets
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity
employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers.
We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated
against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or
civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief,
sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our
recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and
efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to
reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to
support your hiring process.