BNP Paribas Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents.
At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Risk Institutional & BP2S is a domain of the RISK function in charge of covering all Institutional credit risk profile and related credit approval processes.
In this domain the Credit Team is responsible for completing the credit analysis for financial institutions and BP2S clients (including due diligence when necessary).
In particular, the credit team ensure that credit analysis and recommendations are provided in due time for Banks, Sovereign, Brokers, other non-banks financial institutions, pensions funds, funds, hedge funds, regulated funds, funds of hedge funds, agency arrangements and asset managers (Sovereigns & Insurance companies being not covered).
The credit team performs credit analysis and provide credit recommendations on their respective delegation perimeter to Credit Committees, Transaction Approval Committees when the credit opinion on a specific counterparty is required, other RISK entities, Business Units or functions in response to general enquiries, Portfolio review committees.
The Credit Team guarantees the selection and the follow up of counterparties considered Doubtful, under Watch List or sensitive list, evaluates the accurate level of provisioning, guarantees the quality of credit files and portfolios (notably by complying with regulatory framework e.g. Basel III requirements and including credit policies, rating policies and other Group guidelines), develops local market intelligence by performing desk research (financial statement analysis, monitoring of published research), maintains a network of Industry contacts and performs on site due diligence, guarantees that available local market information and views on risk issues are communicated swiftly and effectively.
The credit team is a main partner for the Senior Credit Officers and their “binomes” for the clients covered by the financial institution credit process and is also in permanent interaction with other business lines for uncovered clients.
The credit analyst is responsible for completing credit analysis on a portfolio of Financial Institutions to facilitate informed credit decisions.
Develop an in-depth understanding of the groups under his/her responsibility and develop market intelligence by investigating all available sources of credit and financial information.
Monitor permanently the portfolio under his/her responsibility to detect any credit issue requiring a specific review.
Conduct Annual and interim reviews. Produce in due time and present in Credit Committee a factual summary of client’s credit worthiness (credit proposal), compliant with the Bank’s guidelines. The credit proposal includes a recommendation on the ratings, the limits, the legal credit terms and the risk strategy vis-a-vis the client.
Develop a good knowledge of the banking environment: capital market products, legal documentations, accounting and regulatory environments.
Perform due diligences.
Perform portfolio reviews when required.
Keep abreast of the changing methodologies and credit policies
Interactions with the Binome (clients under coverage)
Interact in full transparency with the Binome (SCO & FIC Relationship Manager).
Attend when necessary discussions forum under the leadership of the Binome.
Prepare credit proposal in the light of FIC commercial strategy, coverage memo, and of any material information (transaction or risks) provided by the RM Pilot or the Binome.
Contribute together with the Binome to the identification of the credit points that need to be discussed with the client (during Due Diligence for example).
• Guarantee rigorous and synthetic credit risk analysis and recommendation (Annual review, ad hoc, credit notes, comparative analysis)
• Guarantee the application of Bank’s procedures and policies and the consistency of Bank’s ratings
• Contribute to the formalisation of the credit decisions in the credit workflow tool
• Contribute to the risk strategy definition by providing recommendation on the risk profile of the counterparty and on specific transactions in relationship with the appropriate stakeholders
• Contribute to the Bank’s reactivity vis-à-vis clients’ expectations by prioritizing urgent requests under his/her responsibility with his/her manager
• Contribute to the quality of process : use adequately the credit process’ flow and workflow system, maintain critical client data, interact efficiently ahead of credit committee with the various stakeholders of the credit process
• Contribute to the development of policies, reports and risk tools, and to the Credit Process optimization
Interactions with Business Lines (uncovered clients)
• Discuss the requests of Credit limits with the Business Lines
• Provide credit analysis and recommendation in the frame of AR or ad hoc
Credit Committee on clients followed by Business Lines
• Work with Business Lines to mitigate risk related to the counterparties
• Ask for Due diligence ‘s meeting or credit review
Professional Qualifications / Candidate Profile
• Master’s Degree/MSc/Master 2 from Business School or University in Banking, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Financial Markets or other relevant areas
• English (fluent)
• Additional Language would be welcomed [Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Arabic, Chinese…]
* Proven and demonstrable Credit background
• Strong and proven analytical skills
• Adaptability and proactivity, multitasking
• Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Solid knowledge and understanding of banking and financial markets
• Understanding of Corporate Banking and Capital Markets products
• Self-driven and organized
• Rigorous and reliable