RISK Institutional & BP2S is a domain of the RISK function in charge of covering all Institutional credit risk profile and related credit approval processes.
In this domain the Credit Team is responsible for completing the credit analysis for financial institutions and BP2S clients (including due diligence when necessary).
In particular, the Credit Team ensures that credit analysis and recommendations are provided in due time for Banks, Insurances, Sovereign, Brokers, other non-banks financial institutions, pensions funds, funds, hedge funds, regulated funds, funds of hedge funds, agency arrangements and asset managers.
The Credit Team performs credit analysis and provides credit recommendations on their respective delegation perimeter to Credit Committees, Transaction Approval Committees when the credit opinion on a specific counterparty is required, other RISK entities, Business Units or functions in response to general enquiries, Portfolio review committees.
The Credit Team guarantees the selection and the follow up of counterparties considered Doubtful, under Watch List or sensitive list, evaluates the accurate level of provisioning, guarantees the quality of credit files and portfolios (notably by complying with regulatory framework e.g. Basel III requirements and including credit policies, rating policies and other Group guidelines), develops local market intelligence by performing desk research (financial statement analysis, monitoring of published research), maintains a network of Industry contacts and performs on site due diligence, guarantees that available local market information and views on risk issues are communicated swiftly and effectively.
The Credit Team is a main partner for the Senior Credit Officers and their “binomes” for the clients covered by the financial institution credit process and is also in permanent interaction with other business lines for uncovered clients.
- The credit analyst is responsible for completing credit analysis on a portfolio of Financial Institutions (of which but not exclusively Financial Sponsors, Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, CCPs ) to facilitate informed credit decisions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the groups under his/her responsibility and develop market intelligence by investigating all available sources of credit and financial information.
- Monitor permanently the portfolio under his/her responsibility to detect any credit issue requiring a specific review.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of data and reporting related to fund counterparties and associated activities (e.g. NAV and performance, audited financials, due diligence visits, dashboards, etc.);
- Conduct Annual and interim reviews. Produce in due time and present in Credit Committee a factual summary of client’s credit worthiness (credit proposal), compliant with the Bank’s guidelines. The credit proposal includes a recommendation on the ratings, the limits, the legal credit terms and the risk strategy vis-a-vis the client.
- Develop a good knowledge of the banking environment: capital market products, legal documentations, accounting and regulatory environments.
- Perform due diligences.
- Recommend and negotiate credit terms in legal documentation;
- Assess risks of Global Markets OTC derivatives transactions and provide trade approval and collateral requirements as appropriate;
- Perform portfolio reviews when required.
- Contribute and represent RISK in NAC/TAC when required
- Keep abreast of the changing methodologies and credit policies
- Provide guidance to junior analysts on credit related issues, transaction approvals, legal terms negotiations, etc.
Interact with the Coverage of Financial Institutions and Business Lines
- Interact in full transparency with the Binome (SCO & FIC Relationship Manager).
- Attend when necessary discussion forums under the leadership of the Binome.
- Assess, with the support of the credit risk analysts, the credit proposal in the light of FIC commercial strategy, coverage memo, and of any material information (transaction or risks) provided by the RM Pilot or the Binome.
- Contribute to the identification of the credit points that need to be discussed with the client (during Due Diligence for example).
- Discuss the requests of Credit limits with the Business Lines
- Work with Coverage of Financial Institutions and Business Lines to mitigate risk related to the counterparties.
- Guarantee the quality and timeliness of synthetic credit risk analysis and recommendation (Annual review, ad hoc, credit notes, and comparative analysis) provided by the credit risk analysts on files that fall within his/her level of delegation.
- Guarantee the application of Bank’s procedures and policies and the consistency of Bank’s ratings.
Be responsible for (incl. governance/regulatory responsibilities)
- Analysis and recommendation related to non-flow transactions and credit committees (HF, Private Equity, Complex transactions and counterparties, etc.)
- Acting as expert on specific portfolios (High risk / strategic / complex portfolios)
- Decision on files that fall within his/her level of delegation (Ad Hoc requests, annual reviews)
- Recommendation on Watch List and Doubtful counterparties under his/her scope
- Due Diligence process on counterparties under his/her ownership and Contributing to due diligence under SCO ownership. Attend at the adequate committees in collaboration with Credit Analysts & SCOs.
- Contribute to the risk strategy definition by providing recommendation on the risk profile of the counterparty and on specific transactions in relationship with the appropriate stakeholders
- Contribute to the Bank’s reactivity vis-à-vis clients’ expectations by prioritizing urgent requests under his/her responsibility with his/her manager
- Contribute to forums, projects (transformation, regulations, IT, etc.) with RISK streams and other departments
- Contribute to the exposure and risk monitoring o/w reports on exposure and excesses.
- Contribute to CCIRC, CMRC, RDPC, portfolio review reports (by validating exposures, limits, providing qualitative analysis)
- Contribute to the development/update/filling in of policies , reports and risk tools, and to the Credit Process optimization
- Relevant Degree from Business School or University in Banking, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Financial Markets or other relevant areas
- 3+ years of relevant experienceLanguages
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese/Mandarin
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Good Accounting knowledge
- Adaptability and proactivity, multitasking
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of banking and financial markets
- Understanding of Corporate Banking and Capital Markets products
- Self-driven and organized
- Assertiveness and leadership/management skills
- Capacity to engage and motivate teams
- Critical thinking and capacity to challenge