At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The incumbent contributes to agented credit due diligence and marketing efforts. Partnering with senior team members, the incumbent is responsible for providing detailed analysis of financial statements and projections and for preparing clean transaction marketing materials, including pitch presentations and confidential information memorandum. The incumbent may interface directly with borrowers and participating banks, attend client and prospect meetings, and prepare more complex credit analysis for agented facilities. The incumbent must possess strong communication skills and frequently interacts with Relationship Managers, Credit Product Officers, Commercial & Corporate Bank Loan servicing, Operations, Legal and other personnel to obtain documentation or assist with loan closing and loan maintenance. Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Supports unit's growth and profitability by producing qualitative financial reviews for transactions.
- Determines optimal transaction structure by analyzing credits, including financial statement spreading analysis and cash flow projections to.
- Proactively manages transaction process from pitch to closing; assists with the preparation of term sheets and monitors ongoing transactions to ensure proper documentation for loan closing.
- Establishes transaction data rooms and populates with offering materials, collateral documents, and credit documents.
- Attends client and team meetings and assists in determination of client needs.
- Assists Senior Officers with the completion of marketing materials and other tasks as needed, providing timely, error-free analysis and review as applicable.
- Interacts with Relationship Managers, Credit Product Officers, Commercial & Corporate Bank Loan Servicing, Legal, and other related Bank personnel regarding issues of credit quality, appropriate structure, as well as new business and related trends.
- Manages the risk of complex financial products and transactions by working closely with other Commercial & Corporate Bank Departments (e.g., Cash Management, Capital Markets, Equipment Leasing, Trade Finance), and other major areas of the Bank.
- Views credit quality as a personal obligation; exhibits independent judgment; ensures balanced loan presentations; responsible for on-going account monitoring; proactive in problem detection/resolution; contributes to maintaining balance between growth and credit quality.
- Provides support to the Regional and Division managers for special projects and reporting tasks. Such special projects may include transaction comparable analysis, in-market credit lists, portfolio analysis, presentations for senior bank management and the creation of excel based underwriting tools.
- When applicable, interfaces directly with borrowers to obtain financial information and review financial information directly and assists in review of credit requests.
- Prepares and updates reports as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required with
concentration (or equivalent college course work) in business, finance, or
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
of demonstrated commercial credit underwriting and loan structuring experience
with middle market & large corporate transactions
- Demonstrated capability in advanced
financial and cash flow analysis
- Excellent working knowledge of
Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ability to perform
independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Good organizational
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking