At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a complete credit and risk process for the assigned CBG Division; being the lead and driving force in all Risk matters at the Division level. Reports to the CBG Risk Manager while lending support to the relevant Division Manager. With the Risk Manager and the Division Heads, helps define the current Risk strategies and parameters of the Division. Acts as lead and coordinator to the different Sector Specialists in all aspects of their underwriting / credit / monitoring functions. Assisted by the Division's CBG Credit Manager who reports to them and backs up their different duties.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Proactively recommends adoption, modification and implementation of underwriting strategies, standards, analyses, relevant processes and procedures to maintain acceptable levels of Risk at all times.
Responsible for the regionalization of the Credit Analysis team and the Underwriting Functions.
Implements policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the Bank.
- Has authority to approve loans within delegated signing authority level; recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate and/or recommends loans for denial.
- Establishes pricing for loans within guidelines established at the Division and Group level; provides input regarding loan product pricing and features for loans over approval authority.
- Assists the Division Executive Manager with the leadership and management of the Division, including strategic and tactical planning and budgeting.
- Represents the Bank as appropriate in its relationships with joint ventures, major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies and similar groups.
- Makes recommendations regarding the Bank's product and market coverage in collaboration with research, product development, marketing, pricing, and operational activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Management or Business-related subject
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lending, sales, and financial service needs of middle market and large corporate companies.
- Thorough knowledge of industry/market assigned.
- Analytical and research.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Coordinate events and meetings.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Marketing skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Use personal computer.
- Written and verbal computer.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-Newport BeachJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking