At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing detailed analysis of financial statements, tax returns, and cash flow projections to assist in administration of CBG relationships in assigned line of business and region. Assists in the preparation of simple and/or routine credit requests/reviews. May prepare Borrower correspondence or interact with Credit & Counterparty Risk, CBG Loan Administration, servicing, operations, appraisal, legal, and other related personnel as needed for obtaining documentation or assisting with loan closing and loan maintenance. In all duties, ensures that the relationships supported are in compliance with all BOW, CBG, regulatory, and legal requirements.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Produces qualitative financial review for credit requests. Handles basic to moderately complex credit relationships. Analyzes credits including financial statement spreading analysis, tax return analysis, and financial statement projections to make recommendations of client's credit situation.
- Ensures portfolio maintenance by monitoring delinquencies, matured and maturing loans, and assisting with the preparation of extension requests. Sets up credit files and ensures assigned files are complete and updated according to BOW compliance standards. Also sets up covenant and compliance tracking on Balenz.
- Provides support to the regional and division managers for special projects and reporting tasks. Such special projects may include compliance tracking, portfolio analysis, budget forecasts and the creation of excel based underwriting tools.
- Attends client and team meetings and assists in determination of client needs. Assists Relationship Managers and others with completion of Credit Requests and other tasks as needed, providing analysis and review as applicable in a timely fashion free of errors.
- When requested, acts as a team member providing support to the relationship managers and Regional Manager, providing current and timely analysis during the loan underwriting process.
- When applicable, interfaces directly with borrowers to obtain financial information and review financial information directly.
- May assist in review of credit requests.
- Prepares and updates reports as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience in commercial underwriting
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- This CBG Credit Analyst position is assumed to be part of the career path for future relationship management or credit-related job families.
- Position will involve preparation of credit proposals or credit synopsis covering credit limits for banks and financial institutions for Trade Finance, Treasury, Syndications, or other business groups that may require Credit and Counterparty Risk approvals.
- Strong knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel). Strong working knowledge of other software used for analysis such as MFA and Tax Analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los AngelesJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking