BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in 72 countries and more than 200 000 employees. The Group has three main business areas: Retail Banking, International Financial Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) and is recognized as a market leader in each of these areas.
The Nordic region is strategic for BNP Paribas and one of the regions selected in the Group’s growth plan. BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking has been present in Norway since 1985, and has today around 70 employees. Our customers are large Norwegian industrial companies, financial institutions, shipping and energy companies, as well as international groups. BNP Paribas CIB has a branch in each of the Nordic countries and the Group is also represented by Alfred Berg, Cardif, Arval, BNP Paribas Factor, BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions, Express Bank and Exane. In total the BNP Paribas Group counts 700 employees in the Nordic region. The Oslo office is centrally located near Aker Brygge.
We are looking for the right person to fill the position as Credit Analyst in the Shipping & Offshore Nordics team based in Oslo.
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for the credit processes for a portfolio of Nordic Shipping & Offshore clients and transactions, from cash flow modelling to credit proposals, documentation, closing and follow-up among other. The position will be an integrated part of the team in Oslo and work closely with the Relationship Managers, the Head of Shipping & Offshore Nordics and the various relevant teams in the bank, including agency, middle and back office, as well as legal to name some.
Main areas of responsibility
- Credit risk analysis of existing and new clients and transactions
- Preparing applications for credit committees, annual reviews of existing exposures and monitoring compliance and KYC related processes
- Assisting Relationship Managers throughout including pitching for new business, structuring transactions, financial modelling, submissions of credit papers, term sheets, legal documentation - and closing processes
- Liaising with local and international teams within the bank involved in new- and existing transactions / clients
- Contributing to the maintenance of reporting- and budget tools
- Participating to the ongoing shipping- and offshore markets update and identifying / analyzing new business opportunities
We are looking for candidates with a Master’s degree in Business / Economics or Engineering and minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably from equivalent role in bank/financial institution, audit firm or experience from the shipping or offshore sector. An energetic can-do attitude, resourcefulness and a positive spirit are important factors.
You have strong analytical skills, a good understanding of financial markets and the business environment in the Nordics/Northern Europe, and already a proven track record within the Shipping and Offshore industry. You are an ambitious and easy going team player, positive and open, with the ability to handle the workflow in a structured and orderly manner. You are fluent in English and one of the Scandinavian languages, and have excellent communication skills. You should also have in-depth knowledge of Microsoft office.
BNP Paribas offers a challenging position in an international environment in one of the world’s leading banks. The bank takes an active role in the development of its employees, and you will have the opportunity to develop personally and professionally together with competent colleagues both in the region and internationally.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact
• Kjartan Bru, Head of Shipping & Offshore Nordics (kjartan.bru [at] bnpparibas (dot) com)
• Hilde Mæland, Head of HR – Nordic region (hilde.maeland [at] bnpparibas (dot) com)
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible and no later than July 1st 2019. Please advise us of your availability for interviews in your application.