Graduate Program- Credit Analyst
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
• To advise the Bank’s Management on risk appetite definition
• To contribute as an objective “second pair of eyes” that risks taken on by the Bank align with its policies
• To report and alert Bank Management of the status of risks to which the Bank is exposed
• To contribute to the development and growth of the risk culture within the Group
RISK’ s main responsibilities are:
• Credit and counterparty risk, market risk, funding and liquidity risk, as well as interest rate and FX risk of the Banking book, insurance risk and operational risk.
• RISK covers all Group’s activities and geographies.
• Provide a holistic view of the risk profile to the Bank’s Management and Board, by coordinating with the relevant Functions to ensure relevant risk assessment, aggregation, and reporting.
RISK I2S, which is part of RISK CIB, is responsible of the credit risk profile for all institutional clients, intragroup entities, and market infrastructure entities, as well as their related credit approval process, including for the BP2S Metier.
RISK I2S Credit Analyst Graduate’s Responsibilities:
• Prepare and present annual credit reviews and new requests to credit committees for all North and South American financial institutions (banks, brokers, sovereigns, pension funds, hedge funds, mutual funds, insurance companies, REITs, CCPs, financial sponsors…).
-This process includes comprehensive financial analysis on the counterparty and comparison with its peers, recommendation of rating using internal rating models, and expression of credit opinion.
• Analyze capital markets and corporate banking transactions with financial institutions.
-Capital markets: derivatives (swaps, foreign exchange, credit and equity derivatives), repo, securities lending, prime services.
-Corporate banking: import and export trade finance transactions, and syndicated loan participations.
• Coordinate all aspects of a credit process in liaison with Coverage, Business, and other Functions.
• Review counterparty credit exposure excesses on financial institutions reported by the Credit Risk Control team.
• Co-ordinate with Legal Department to execute legal documentation by providing credit-sensitive terms.
• Review all legal documentation during annual review, ensuring all necessary documents are in place (including guarantees) and being familiar with the products covered under ISDA/CSA, PSA/ISMA, and SLMA.
• Work closely with Relationship Managers, Traders, Market Risk, Legal and Operations personnel to structure transactions to mitigate diverse forms of risk.
• Support all business lines credit requests / transactions for BNP Paribas’ clients.
• Effectively handle multiple tasks and review several files simultaneously through effective prioritization of requests (in conjunction with immediate supervisor) and sound organizational skills.
• Participate to internal exercises to review exposures and ensure data quality for counterparties.
• Keep up to date with industry risks/trends, including credit, regulatory, and legal issues.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA required (with finance or economic background preferred).
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Some knowledge in capital markets products and related legal documentation (ISDA, CSA, GMRA…)
• Some knowledge in corporate banking transactions
• Formal credit training at previous financial institution is a bonus
• Bilingual : English and French with Spanish or Portugues
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Self-starter and highly motivated to learn a variety of financial institution industry sectors and capital markets products.
• Clear communication skills to firmly and confidently express credit decisions & opinions.
• Ability to organize time and meet deadlines/deliver requests on time
• Ability to work in a team environment: interacting with other credit analysts, relationship managers, front office sales persons, and clients
• Proficiency in Word and Excel (spreadsheet analysis)
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.