In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
This purpose of this credit analyst position in Coverage & Territories Credit Management is to support Relationship Managers to analyse and monitor the credit risk of a portfolio of corporate clients, and write proposals to recommend approval of credit facilities for these clients.
Collaborate with Relationship Managers and Product Partners to:
• Gather appropriate client information to be able to present and mitigate risks.
• Spread financial statements, propose an appropriate counterparty rating and recovery rate on facility using the Bank’s internal systems
• Deliver a complete, synthetic and coherent up-to-date counterparty and credit risk analysis, based on facts and compliant with the Bank’s guidelines.
• Complete Credit Proposals enabling the Credit Committee to make an informed decision.
• Support the Relationship Manager / Front Officer in credit process-related matters
• Portfolio monitoring : follow-up of financial covenants, risks alert, core data checks.
• Keep updated with credit methodologies and policies.
• Share information and develop industry intelligence.
• Presentation of credit proposals to credit committees.
• Meet clients jointly with Relationship Managers, when and where possible, to deepen the understanding of a credit.
• Participation in discussions on potential deals.
• Participation in projects linked to improving credit process efficiency.
• To contribute to any other portfolio or credit administrative and statistical works as required by management from time to time
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Good command of written and oral English
• Abie to interpret financial statements
• Able to interact with multiple stakeholders