BNP Paribas is a global leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in 73 countries and more than 190 000 employees. The Group has two main business areas: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional banking, and is recognized as a market leader in each of these areas. Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) provides to its clients financing, advisory and capital market services. It is a globally recognized leader in many areas of expertise incl. among others structured financing & derivatives across a variety of asset classes. CIB also has a solid corporate advisory and transaction banking franchise in Europe & Asia.
CIB is present in each of the Nordic countries (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland) and Alfred Berg, Cardif, Arval, BNP Paribas Factor, Ekspres Bank, BNP Paribas Leasing and Exane BNP Paribas represent the BNP Paribas Group. In total, we are close to 700 employees across the Nordic region. The Nordic region is strategic for BNP Paribas and one of the regions selected in the Group’s growth plan.
We are looking for a
Credit Analyst - Corporate Coverage
As part of our Credit Analyst team, your key responsibilities will be
Assessment of Counterparty and Credit Risk
- Collecting and monitoring key information on clients (annual reports, financial statements, web site information) and requesting/analyzing internal inputs (green light, memos).
- Liaising with Relationship Managers (RMs) to gain in-depth knowledge of client environment, strategy, management, resources, and financials and attending client meetings.
- Assisting the RM in the closing of transactions and liaising with the internal stakeholders.
- Analyzing and summarizing counterparty and credit risk on clients and prospects
Preparation of Credit Proposals
- Completing Credit Proposals compliant with CIB and CMS guidelines, quality standards and BNPP policies
- Reviewing as Pilot the Credit Proposals transmitted by Contributors sites and making recommendations, based on a comprehensive knowledge of the group context.
- Managing the selection of the appropriate Credit Process and Routing
- Organizing the presentation of the files ahead of Credit Committees, jointly with the RM
- Participating in projects to improve the credit process efficiency
Credit Risk Monitoring
- Ensuring the follow-up of client exposure and monitoring global credit risks by alerting management on any change in rating or GRR, any major event or material evolution
- Monitoring of clients covenants, strategy implementation and risk profile
- Maintaining global portfolio reports including exposure databases, concentration analysis, sector analysis, RPC and Watch List processes and other general reports
- Using proactively the credit proposal’s pipeline and other credit tools (CRF, CREDO).
You have 3-5 years of relevant experience with good knowledge of the Corporate banking environment, products and business lines, and a track record in the assessment of credit risk and the preparation of complex credit proposals. We are looking for candidates who are detail oriented, flexible and have a solid knowledge of financial analysis. You are a team player, with strong organization skills and the ability to manage workflow in a deadline driven environment. You have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact confidently with credit prosess partners. English is our business language, and fluency in English is required.
BNP Paribas offers a challenging position in an international environment in one of the world’s leading banks. You will have the opportunity to develop professionally together with exciting clients and competent colleagues both in the region and internationally. The bank takes an active role in the development of employees, and encourages both local and international mobility.