About the job
The position of Risk Analyst is available within RISK GM Metrics - Counterparty based in Lisbon.
RISK Global Markets Metrics acts as a centre of expertise covering market, counterparty and liquidity risks metrics, contributing to the analysis and anticipation of Global Markets risks. The organization is articulated around two main “pillars” on market and counterparty risks, while offering team members the opportunity to work transversally across topics.
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to the risk management tasks of the team, such as supporting Business on deal simulation, reporting to senior management, stress testing, counterparty risk analysis, etc.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects, such as ad-hoc stress testing or investigating the impact of new regulation for the bank.
- Review and analyse, from counterparty risk angle, all transactions under the following categories: trades not adequately represented in risk systems or for which the Business needs support when simulating them, trades with counterparties already in excess and/or trades that trigger an excess when simulated
- Play an active role in innovative and transformative actions undertaken in RISK GM. This includes a close collaboration with other teams to continue industrialisation and enhancements of existing tools and processes
- Monitor CCP exposure, collaborate in the CCP Reporting Process and manage ad-hoc requests from various stakeholder. Participate actively on different projects to improve existing methodologies and to adopt new developments
Profile and Skills to Success
- The candidate should have a solid quantitative background with 1 – 5 years previous experience in a technical role (e.g. through market risk or counterparty risk).
- Excellent knowledge of derivatives instruments and associated risk drivers is a must and experience with simulation models (Monte-Carlo, interest rate, FX models, etc) is a pre.
- Ability to react quickly but precisely in high pressure trading situations with Front Office interactions, requiring a structured approach and resourcefulness.
- Understanding of credit risk metrics (Exposure at Default, PD, etc.) and exposure metrics (VaR).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Steady personality, well organized and analytical approach.
- Solid technical skills, aside from Microsoft Office (with VBA) also experience in the use of a programming language such as Python or R. SQL is a plus.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.