At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for performing moderately complex investigations related to potential losses and/or suspected criminal activity. Documents compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Other Job Duties
- Conducts interviews with employees, customers, non-customers, and all related witnesses to determine facts and obtain statements regarding internal and external fraudulent activity.
- Conducts branch and back office inspections in compliance with regulatory requirements and to identify potential security issues.
- Resolves escalated issues and problems for internal and external customers, and works with law enforcement for requests of information on potential fraud situations.
- Provides problem resolution support to branch and back office personnel to resolve issues and answers questions.
- Prepares and thoroughly documents factual and impartial findings in a timely and professional manner utilizing rules of judicial evidence and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides routine reports on investigations due to scrutiny from law enforcement, prosecutors, regulators, state and local social services, and executive management of the Bank.
- May respond to and evaluate specific threats, robberies other critical incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Analytical and research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to create and present applicable training for branch staff.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Security