Corporate Real Estate Lease Officer
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio of bank leases and owned properties.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages portfolio of leases, whether as lessor or lessee, including projections, collections, and payments.
- Negotiates assigned leases, whether as lessor or lessee.
- Negotiates purchase and sale agreements for acquisition and disposition of bank properties.
- Prepares and implements annual income and expense budget.
- Ensures rent and expense payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares reports reflecting occupancy, lease expiration, income and expense of assigned leased properties.
- Interacts with internal Bank Clients in concert with Division Liaisons to manage lease expirations and renewal activity.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Real estate license
- Very good knowledge of real estate leasing, including documentation.
- Good knowledge of commercial property management including tenant relations.
- Very good knowledge of real estate principles and bookkeeping.
- Analytical and research.
- Coordinate meetings.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Compose letters/memorandums.
- Use of personal computer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.