About the job
- Liquidity and Investment Solutions (LIS) encourages Clients to place surplus cash with BNP Paribas on Term Deposit or Sight account, by creating Client relationships through daily contacts via telephone, email, Bloomberg, Reuters, electronic trading systems (360T, Currenex, etc.), aiming to build a stable and granular deposit base thus allowing the lending metiers to receive a stable and competitive Funds Transfer Pricing.
- Working in co-ordination with CIB Corporate ALM and local ALM Treasury teams to give constant market feedback, as well as with other Business Units, LIS executes the booking, monitoring, follow up and renewal of term deposits on behalf of local European sales, ensuring the month-end targets and objectives fixed by TB EMEA Management Team.
Your Main Activities Are
- Within the assigned list of clients in a defined execution zone, guarantee:
- A proactive attitude to sell deposit products
- A good relationship with Clients through regular calls (to be seen as a business partner)
- Booking of deals originated by Coverage or Cash Management Officer or any other Originator in LIS EMEA:
- Acting as a link between Coverage, Cash Management Officer and Middle / Back Office
- Booking of deals after Coverage / Client confirmation on all the deals characteristics (price, volume, duration) according to existing procedures
- Responsible for application of deposits price on Clients deals in consistency with the pricing grid defined by CIB Corporate ALM
- Request for quotation to Treasury when needed
- Responsible for negotiation and optimization of deposits price with client in consistency with the pricing
- Request assistance from Liquidity Advisor for tailor-made products
- Assessment of the renewal of products:
- Ensure renewal of deposits, following the LIS quality guidelines
- Contact Client before deal completion for renewal and asks for the new deal characteristics
- Participation on the quality improvement and increase in volume of deposits
- Strongly contribution to overall process monitoring:
- Access to all deals details booked in EMEA
- Report of any IT user issues to ITO
- Collection of data for Market Intelligence
- Pipeline Monitoring
- Co-Ordinate P&L monthly validation
- Weekly Activity Report
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- Previous experience in Banking and Financial Operations – a plus
- Proficient in English – mandatory
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with others
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.