Corporate Coverage Associate
BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in 72 countries and more than 200 000 employees. The Group has two main business areas: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional banking, and is recognized as a market leader in each of these areas.
The Nordic region is strategic for BNP Paribas and one of the regions selected in the Group’s growth plan. BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) has been present in the Nordics since 1985. BNP Paribas CIB has a branch in each of the four countries and we are today around 170 employees. Our customers are large Nordic industrial companies, financial institutions, shipping and energy companies, as well as international groups. The BNP Paribas Group is also represented in the Nordics by Alfred Berg, Cardif, Arval, BNP Paribas Factor, BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions, Ekspress Bank and Exane.
To support our international growth and development BNP Paribas Nordics is now looking for an ambitious banker who want to pursue his/her recently started career in an international environment.
Corporate Coverage Associate - BNP Paribas Denmark Branch
As an Associate at BNP Paribas, your primary responsibility is to assist the Relationship Managers and Senior Bankers (together RMs) in the management of relationship with globally active large companies, with the aim of helping develop the global relationships. You will work in several different projects and eventually in time driving the projects more independently. With this position, we offer you a chance to enter into a global and diverse organization with growth opportunities both in Denmark and internationally over time.
Commercial Support for RMs
• Supports RMs in originating and closing business opportunities and coordinating active and new global client relationships
• Manage some transactions and terms discussion with the client and RMs in other locations outside Denmark on behalf of the RMs and supervise projects involving the bank’s Business Lines, Functions or sister companies
• Coordinate the preparation of client meetings and solution proposals with relevant business lines
• When required, support RMs in the management of the credit process - collaborate with credit analysts to prepare annual reviews and transaction requests and ensure these are processed in a timely manner
• Actively assists RMs in the preparation of marketing action plans, etc.
• Assist the RMs there where needed with the administrative part of the relationship management and coordinates the work of the junior associate with regards to the banks’ Know Your Customer procedures
• Makes sure that there is no overdue in the recertification of the Know Your Customer files
Industry and client awareness
• Follows all impending client events such as interim and annual results presentations, company news flow, etc.
• Undertakes research/ preparation for prospect clients
• Regularly considers our clients capital structure in the context of strategic events/capital market developments and develop an understanding of rating agency criteria and methodology
• Develops relationships with the Business Lines & other support areas e.g. Legal, Compliance, Client Management, Corporate Credit Control
• Ensures product/process knowledge is kept up to date
General / Other:
• Assisting in analyzing and building the client portfolio budget
• Is familiar with spreadsheet analysis, financial modelling and credit analysis
• Supports and actively participates in building up and maintaining the network with other Coverage team members, Product Partners and Support Functions by sharing ideas and past experiences to encourage cross-selling, deal replicability and best practice sharing
• Master’s degree in economics, business administration or finance
• 2 to 4 year experience in Corporate Banking as a (junior) relationship manager or credit analyst
• Excellent communication and drafting skills
• Skilled in financial modelling
• Independent, strong time management, keen to take action
• Fluent in English and ideally in Danish language