Corporate Real Estate Space Planner
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for various design and planning activities related to Bank properties. Activities include managing various projects of moderate scope and complexity which may focus on coordinating construction, renovation and space planning. May also be responsible for managing time and workflow for maintenance technicians, and/or other personnel as assigned. Ensures all projects are completed as contracted and planned, and within the time and budget parameters.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, designs and implements real estate/facilities projects involving regional branches and administrative buildings, as assigned.
- Maintains communication with managers of business units to ensure projects are in line with department/region priorities.
- May develop budgets for designated projects, gathering prices and making recommendations prior to annual budgeting process. Manages to approved project budgets and monitors all costs.
- May develop new facility space plans, feasibility studies and interior finish packages.
- Coordinates plans and specifications between architects, contractors and bank division personnel.
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure complete understanding of scope of work, costs involved, and to minimize disruption of business units.
- May coordinate relocation and inventory of existing furniture.
- Advises and adheres to all ADA, Title 24 compliance issues.
- Prepares reports in conformance with Bank and department policies, reflecting status of projects.
- May assist in leasing and maintaining all BNPP/Bank of the West residences for expatriate officers and senior management.
- May schedule deliveries in and out of regional warehouse and ensures warehouse is maintained in a neat and orderly condition.
- May perform minor maintenance at branches and offsite ATMs as required on an emergency basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
Licenses & Certifications
- General knowledge of bank operations.
- Peripheral knowledge of Uniform Building Codes Ability to read blueprints
- Project management skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Use of personal computer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.