At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Core Transformation Product Manager will lead the assessment and analysis of current banking products serviced by existing Core Banking platforms and the development of go-forward Core Bank product recommendations in alignment with various business stakeholders and their business objectives. The Product Manager will be responsible for developing a product management approach for the Core Transformation program, collaborate and coordinate with various business stakeholders and gain alignment on go forward core product recommendations. The Product Manager will lead the effort to analyze the vendor landscape of Core Banking solutions and development of an approach to contrast and compare core bank solutions. The Product Manager will work with architects to ensure product alignment to architectural directions and work closely with BNPP stakeholders for alignment. Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Analyzes proposed plans including pricing, products, programs and investments to determine costs and profit. Analyzes results of proposals implemented.
- Conducts research and complex studies involving financial analysis, strategic planning, and cost allocations. Prepares management reports and makes presentations on study results.
- Prepares the evaluation of transfer pricing methods and pricing alternatives.
- Periodically reviews and evaluates actual financial performance of the Bank's business units and performs variances analysis relative to plan.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and compiles statistical reports on current financial developments, financial policies and plans, and significant organization developments.
- Assists in the development and implementation of customer and product profitability in conjunction with various other units.
- Responsible for relaying information to the Technology team in easily understood terms for both technology and business.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of Core Bank Technology systems and technology providers
- Knowledge of banking practices and processes leveraging core bank systems (preferred)
- - Deposits / Lending / Customer Information / Payment Systems
- Experience in with large transformation programs and/or large system migrations
- Experience in working within a large Agile program with various team execution streams and aligning product management objectives
- Experience with development of technology product management approaches and alignment processes to business needs.
- 5-10 Years in a Technology Product Management capacity and or Business / Technology Architecture role.
- BS Business / Finance / Computer Science or equiv.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting, financial analysis and principles of economics.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institution balance sheet and profit and loss analysis techniques.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory issues such as capital issues and GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
- Thorough understanding and application of principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts, as well as contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- An ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the Bank’s loan products.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects would be beneficial for the candidate.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance