At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Conducts customer due diligence and high risk reviews according to the bank’s BSA/AML policy and procedures.
Ensures that decisions to retain or exit a customer relationship align with supporting documentation submitted for each high risk customer type, and with appropriate research conducted duringthe high risk review process.
Implements, performsand documents assignedcustomer verification reviews; performsand conducts compliance screening for PEP, sanctions and adverse news based on detailed procedures and processes. Identifies issues,escalates to management for resolution and formally documents findings.
Communicates customer review results to management and business partners.Prepares and presentswritten report of high risk reviews including results and recommendation for customer onboarding, closure or retention. Decisions.
Identifies areas of risk and make recommendations on operational improvements, processes for compliance, quality assurance and any additional trainingessential to mitigaterisk. Seeks ways to assistthe Bank in strengthening customer due diligence, remain compliant and improve efficiency.
Researches and analyzes testingresults or issues,training, reads literature in order to become more knowledgeable about current banking, regulatory and audit issues,and performs other tasks as necessary to carry out daily responsibilities; maintains expertise in areas of testing.
Performs research, participates in training, and reads literature in order to become more knowledgeable about current business and issues related to assigned area(s).
Receives and analyzes monitoring and testing resultsfrom testing performedon related controlsfrom business unit compliance officers.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Bank field Relationship Managers and/or Retail Branch contacts
Experience with customer outreach, telephone etiquette, and ability to establish rapport with customers by phone
Other Job Duties
- Assists with the management of account closure process for KYC Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Contacting Dealers to collect on After Market Product Refunds.
Update AMR system with accurate details pertaining to each account.
Professional verbal and written communication with Dealers and Warranty Providers.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem Solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and related software
- Thorough knowledge of customer verification processing
- Thorough knowledge of BOW commercial deposit account procedures as they apply to account opening processes and requirements
- Thorough knowledge of industry relevant software used for analysis
- Analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Good to presentation skills
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Good knowledge of the products, policies and processes that related to unit assigned.
- Good knowledge of banking operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-LittletonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management