of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re
investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity
and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and
promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S.,
Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s
lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
Job Description Summary
Responsible for ensuring that the assigned
business unit policies, procedures and practices align with BotW 2nd line of
defense Op Risks and Compliance requirements and providing challenge for
continuous enhancements of the BU 1st line of defense set-up. Acts as a
resource for Level 2 Control questions and issues arising from operations
procedures, monitoring of operational risk functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Executes QA reviews to validate
effectiveness and efficiency of Business Line internal controls. Includes
independent testing, documentation, objective evaluation, verbal
discussion and reporting.
- Under general supervision
execute monitoring activities associated with an independent control
function. Ensures activities are performed accurately, thoroughly, and in
accordance with dynamic regulatory, operational risk requirements, and/or
industry best practices; and activities meet timeframe standards.
- Manages own work assignments
under general supervision to complete QA reviews/projects as assigned.
- Recommends improvements to the
Business Line Regulatory Compliance and Monitoring Programs. Assists the
Business Line in determining Root Cause Analysis, Remediation and filing
- Participates as requested in
Business Line meetings and/or work groups.
- Identifies, researches, and
reports issues to QA Management to resolve as appropriate.
- Effectively contributes in
implementing new QA policies and procedures.
- Prepares and distributes monthly
and quarterly QA Reports and conducts closing conferences with various
- Maintains current knowledge of
related lending activities, and operational risk management and regulatory
compliance requirements for financial institutions.
- Attends professional seminars
and participates in Bank operational risk management and regulatory
Other Job Duties
- Assists in developing, writing and maintaining QA department policies and procedures in support of the Bank's Integrated Operational Risk and Compliance Control Plan.
- Assists with implementing new QA monitoring activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires knowledge of consumer lending typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience in developing, writing, and communicating policies and procedures.
- Prior audit or regulatory experience preferred
- Knowledge of lending operational risk management and compliance.
- Strong knowledge of banking and lending related laws and regulations.
- Knowledgeable about Consumer Lending industry best practices.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal l
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Compliance