Controls & Governance Associate
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Controls & Governance Associate
Job Description Summary
Responsible for ensuring Procurement Policy and Procedures have been adhered to by Strategic Sourcing and line of business (LOB) resources who engage Third Party Providers (affiliated and non-affiliated) to deliver goods and services to the Bank. Provides support tasks for continuous enhancements to the Bank's Strategic Sourcing control environment.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists in the development, review and maintenance (as necessary) of the department policies and procedures and job-specific control environment, quality review and testing documentation;
2. Executes quality assurance and testing activities;
3. Maintains and updates data in applicable systems and tools as necessary to ensure bank is able to meet its strategic objectives and requirements related to Third Party activities;
4. Ensures that Third Party Provider contract-related business practices are maintained within bank policies and state and federal laws;
5. Assists the Controls & Governance Manager in establishing, maintaining and enforcing effective controls and requirements for consistent data;
6. Provides on-going training, support and guidance to bank personnel regarding procurement activities, systems and tools.
7. Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
8. Supports the Controls & Governance Office in responding to Regulatory / Audit inquiries, including assisting with evidence gathering as requested.
9. Identifies, reports, and escalates (as appropriate) non-compliance with Bank Procurement Policies and Procedures;
10. Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing & contracting concepts, control environments, testing practices. 2 plus years of experience with testing, quality assurance, data entry and/or contract administration.
- Knowledge of contract law and contract processing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, manage customer relationships, and adjust to changing business demands is essential.
- Ability to effectively interact with managers, consultants, and vendors.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good leadership, communication, and organizational skills are a must.
- Effective administrative skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Personal computer skills.
- Proficient use of Internet/Intranet.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and skilled in follow-up activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.