At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
The KYC Analyst is
responsible for conducting in depth review and analysis of legal documentation
and other related information to ensure the appropriate Customer Due Diligence
relationships is conducted per bank policy and applicable regulations. This
position is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate customer risk profile
is identified, as well
as the frequency and depth
of future review and monitoring.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Negative News and associated analysis and documentation requirements.
Core Competencies required:
• Familiarity with and working knowledge of BSA/AML programs including all aspects of KYC .
• Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups
• Proven leadership, exceptional communication and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
• Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• On-boarding KYC customer processing experience strongly preferred
• Experience in risk assessment, reputation and operational risk management or control functions
• Thorough understanding of CIP/CDD/EDD requirements
• Exposure to regulatory controls in a financial services environment
• Ability to be objective and capable of independent challenge
• Knowledge of Commercial Banking and related products
• Strong analytical, and critical reasoning skills
• Ability to quickly gain understanding of internal controls of previously unfamiliar areas
• Ability to focus on details while constantly keeping the big picture in mind
• Excellent communication and relationship/partnership building skills
• Proven ability in achieving success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and possess a high level of drive and enthusiasm
• Ability to influence and drive for results and process improvement
• Experience in reporting risk findings and preparing written risk analyses
• Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to negotiate with numerous parties and reach agreeable solutions.
• Proficiency in Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
• Demonstrated experience as a collaborator who has built successful relationships and influenced across the business lines.
• Computer proficiency including databases, and an understanding of banking systems and software. Demonstrated interest in technology based systems and surveillance programs.
• Ability to travel on a limited basis
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.