At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing all aspects of the customer contact center including; phone channel support for Retail Banking, On Line Banking, Wealth, Premier, Small Business, Credit Card, Loans, Chat, On Line Account Opening, Sales and E Mail Support. Responsible for leading and motivating staff to carry out sales and service objectives that support the mission of Bank of the West. Accountabilities include, but are not limited to, fulfilling customer expectations through delivery of quality customer service, responding to sensitive customer complaints, maintaining optimal service levels, managing risk and ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, producing favorable budgetary results and securing the review and approval of all disciplinary action and performance evaluations. Leadership responsibilities include the management of in-house and virtual staff, and may include vendor management.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Effectively leads daily operations, planning and management of the Regional Customer Contact Centers. Achieves and maintains acceptable service standards using various methods including but not limited to call quality monitoring, average handle time of customer calls etc.
- Defines and directs the development and implementation of quality controls, production goals, incentive program standards and system enhancements.
- Responsible for continuously researching and implementing improvements in customer satisfaction and call center efficiency.
- Accountable for input to the business and strategic plans of Bank of the West and to effectively manage an annual budget of $10 - $14 million.
- Maintains positive rapport with external and internal business partners. Participate in division managers’ meetings and regional banking open forums
- Manages both in-house and virtual staff performance with an emphasis on leading and motivating staff to carry out service objectives, across multiple communication gates and skill sets. This includes overseeing hiring, training, and consistent coaching and development.
- Ensures subordinates are trained and comply with bank policy, laws and regulations pertaining to their roles. Monitors subordinates’ adherence to internal controls and take action to address employee performance issues. Completes compliance training; follow internal processes and controls as required. Reports all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations to the appropriate departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of call center technology, standards, and best practices.
- Complete knowledge of bank products and services.
- Good knowledge of bank operational policies and procedures.
- Complete knowledge of project management.
- Deep experience in human resources preferred.
- Excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the areas of project implementation.
- Computer aptitude.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Customer Contact Center / Customer Service