Consumer Repo Rep II - San Ramon, CA
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for reviewing accounts assigned to approved repossession agents and tracking the progress of each assignment.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains appropriate account tracking and communication with repossession companies and auctions to monitor the progress of each repossession assignment. This also includes monitoring voluntary surrenders.
- Monitors monetary activity daily on all accounts assigned for repossession.
- Prepares any required documentation and obtains necessary information through skip tracing efforts to assist in the recovery of the bank’s collateral.
- Communicates and works closely with the various repossession companies and auctions to monitor the progress of each assignment.
- Takes all necessary action to obtain possession of the collateral or to collect delinquent payments.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers regarding all aspects of securing the collateral.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Good knowledge of Fair Debt Collection and Consumer Laws.
- Knowledge of repossessions helpful.
- Quality service skills.
- Negotiation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.