At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Supervises mortgage processing activities and functions. Ensures balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank. Detects problems and develops solutions in a proactive manner. Monitors customer service standards by assisting with operational problem resolution. Manages employees by setting and assessing processing pipeline performance goals and establishing work schedules/priorities. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with required laws and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Must have ability to meet or exceed team funding goals as set by Sr Operations Manager.
- Must have ability to exceed expected closing dates and drive improvement in processing pipeline performance.
- Mastery of agency guidelines and mortgage processing techniques.
- Supervises Operations personnel in the day-to-day functions of mortgage services.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in local real estate markets as well as changing rules/regulations pertaining to both private, insured mortgages, FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and RD.
- Administers all processing functions within the assigned organization. Ensures that all policies and procedures are aligned with corporate goals and initiatives and comply with regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures that all data is input into the system accurately and timely and that all applications have met regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development/implementation of customer service standards. Provides written reports on service standards, including turnaround time.
- Keeps informed of rules and regulations as they pertain to RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending Practices and all compliance regulations.
- Evaluates work flow procedures and implements changes to improve efficiencies. Ensures that all policies and procedures set by business unit are being followed.
- Creates and maintains follow-up procedures. Responsible for overseeing the training of new Operations representatives to ensure accurate and consistent work flows are communicated. Provides direct back up for subordinates. Reviews loan file packages for completeness and accuracy.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
basic management approaches such as mortgage pipeline management, work
scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within
5-7 years minimum First Mortgage/Home Equity Processing OR prior relevant experience.
Degree Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
knowledge of mortgage industry from point of sale through shipping as well
as investor sales and requirements, including mortgage automated systems.
knowledge of FHA, VA, RD, FNMA and FHLMC rules and regulations.
bank product and service knowledge.
written and verbal communication.
and organizing skills.
and research skills.
statistics, prepare forecasts and recommendations.
decision making skills.
Proficiency with Windows based software in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status
protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action
employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Mortgage