Consumer Real Estate Loan Closer II
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing a variety of clerical loan closing/funding functions, including the preparation, review and funding of mortgage loan documents. Preaudits files, learns about closing, stacking/files.
Essential Job Functions
- Verifies accuracy of file documentation, correct vesting, legal description and required title endorsements and enters all document preparation information into the computer system.
- Prepares closing papers in accordance with FHLMC, FNMA, RD and Bond agency and Bank requirements in an accurate and timely manner and may prepare checks or wire and balance cash reconciliation statement in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Ensures accuracy of all related accounting entries.
- Prepares the appropriate loan documents as directed that are needed to satisfy internal, external and regulatory requirements in accordance with loan program.
- Assists in coordinating and communicating commitment periods, loan terms, conditions, funding and recording dates to escrow.
- Reviews payoffs on existing loans, title commitments, surveys, and insurance information.
- Enters tickler and status data for all files to assist in monitoring and tracking appropriate document requirements.
- Ensures that all Bank assets related to the loan closing function are properly safeguarded against errors, omissions, regulatory criticism or potential loss. Ensures all underwriting conditions have been satisfied, RESPA issues have been addressed and properly documented. Balances the truth-in-lending amount financed to the final approval settlement statement to ensure compliance with Reg Z. May prepare required closing package for delivery to title company via e-mail transmission in a timely manner. May interface with Branch Officers, HMC's, Escrow Officers, Title Officers, and Insurance Agents. May research inquiries made by post closing and various outside agencies with respect to closed loans and reports to management any non-conformance to company policy. Adheres to all state and federal regulations including, but not limited to HMDA, RESPA, Fair Lending practices etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Knowledge of residential real estate loan products and related processing and underwriting procedures and requirements.
- Understanding and knowledge of lending documentation, internal loan processes and governmental regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- General familiarity with office procedures.
- Typing of 40-45 WPM.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of 10-key, calculator.
- Photocopier and fax machine.
- Maintains filing system.
- Demonstrated math and analysis skills.
- PC Proficiency with Windows based software in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.