Consumer Direct Sales Mortgage Banker- Spanish Speaking Required
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for mortgage loan production generated via the Internet, over the telephone, referring branch partners, and employee loan requests. Determines the best product/program to meet the customers' needs while taking into consideration the impact on the Bank. Generates income by selling products with an emphasis on mortgage lending and identifies cross sell opportunities by reviewing customers' banking needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Receives incoming calls from customers and BOW employees requesting information regarding loan products and services offered by BOW. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and makes or refers additional product sales (home equity loans, personal loans, checking, savings etc.). Researches/resolves customer problems on an as-needed basis, provides outstanding customer service, and strives to exceed customer expectations.
- Completes overview of customer portfolio, analyzes customer qualifications (i.e. financial and credit data) and needs, makes decision on how to proceed with the application. Determines the best program by analyzing current rates and loan programs and provides accurate and timely information to customers. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
- Provides direct communication with customers, realtor, and third party providers to facilitate loan application to closing. Maintains positive public relations with brokers, agents, builders, and realtors.
- Tracks and reports sales activity, including mortgage loan findings, consumer loan referrals and new account referrals.
- Process modification loan requests on current existing portfolio loans.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
- Attends training sessions, meetings, etc., to remain current on mortgage guidelines. Attends training sessions and self-study courses in order to improve sales development knowledge/skills. Provides quality customer service by communicating in an accurate, timely, and courteous manner, maintaining a high level of integrity regarding the confidentiality of customer accounts, maintaining acceptable time frames on loan applications and providing alternative solutions when applications do not meet BOW guidelines. Adheres to all regulatory agency and BOW policies and procedures pertaining to mortgage operations, origination, compliance, security, and client service to manage and lessen business risk. Keeps informed of all regulatory and policy changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Spanish Speaking (Fluent)
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Good knowledge of mortgage finance.
- Good knowledge of financial markets, trends, products, and characteristics.
- Good knowledge of the requirements, documentation and procedures required for mortgager loans as related to financial and portfolio impacts and corporate goals.
- Good knowledge of Bank policies, standards and guidelines.
- Good knowledge of federal regulations and regulatory agencies such as USPAP, FIRREA, HMDA, RESPA, FNMA, FHLMC, VA, FHA, RD and Fair Lending.
- Good knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.