At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for generating new consumer loan applications submitted via phone and internet. Generates new business for the Bank by identifying cross-sell and referral opportunities. Provide superlative customer service at all times.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responds to inbound phone and internet requests for new consumer loans and credit card applications.
- Partners with branch bankers to support consumer loan product education, customer financial needs and Fixed Rate Loan Options.
- Makes outbound phone calls to retain home equity loan and line customers who have maturing accounts. Communicate credit decisions to customers.
- Provide an elevated level of accountability, service, and expertise. CDSHE Specialists are expected to be Consumer Loan product experts, and proactively look for opportunities to share their knowledge and assist our customers and branch partners. Cross-sells additional products and services and/or refers to other units within the Bank as appropriate in order to deepen existing client relationships with the Bank.
- Communicates with Bank clients, as well as Bank personnel throughout the decision-making process ensuring that all parties are fully informed as to the status of loans and lines applications and new products and services being cross-sold and/or referred. Effectively tracks all pending interactions to ensure timely follow up per department guidelines
- Ensures that all consumer loan applications are made in full compliance of Bank and applicable regulatory policies. This includes but is not limited to Fair Lending regulations, Bank expectations for complete and verbatim rate quote scripting, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, SAFE Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses & CertificationsSkills
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Good knowledge of banking, including sales and customer service.
- Good knowledge of consumer loan and related laws and regulations.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good written and tracking Skills.
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s products (i.e., deposits, cash management, loans and other fee income generating products).
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales