At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for handling Bankrupt accounts in accordance with Federal and State statutues and working closely with Bankruptcy attorney/Trustees to provide information and ensure that the Bank's interests are protected.
Essential Job Functions
- Process bankruptcy accounts in accordance with Federal and State regulations. Adheres to Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Collection Laws, and Fair Credit Reporting Act. Must be incompliance with Investor and insurer guidelines. Ensure bankruptcy case accounts comply with established industry laws.
- Review and analyzes more complex bankruptcy documents, takes appropriate action, files required forms with Bankruptcy Trustees, implements court orders and directives, consults with attorneys and negotiates payment arrangements with debtor's attorneys.
- Handling communications duties. Manages calls from customers, attorneys, and trustees associated with a bankruptcy estate.
- Perform analysis on bankruptcy accounts to determine if funds have been appropriately applied and make recommendations for corrections
- Initiates and prepares requests for reaffirmation, proofs of claim, reinstatement amount and payoff quotes.
- Prioritization of supplementary documents and review mailed and faxed documents to determine relevance and the proper course of action
- Provide training in a lead role for less experienced specialists
Work ExperienceEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Collections / Commercial Workouts