Consultant - Internship
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
CIB Consulting is an internal advisory team at the heart of CIB (Corporate and Investment Banking), supporting the rapid growth of the bank in a dynamic market environment. This setup is a credible alternative to external consultancies, creating tailor-made strategies in alignment with the CIB Group. The team brings together former consultants and banking experts who started working closely with the Bank’s Business Lines and Management Board. This team’s history started in Paris (2009), rapidly extending to the APAC (2011), Americas (2013) and has been developing itself in Lisbon since 2015.
CIB Consulting conducted hundreds of assignments within CIB. Our work encompasses:
A high involvement through all project phases (analyzing, designing solutions, providing recommendations, implementing and monitoring the project impact)
A diverse project scope (Strategy & Growth, Operational Efficiency, People & Organization, Client Experience, Technology & Digital)
A cross-disciplinary environment (involving several participants and contributors through various Business Lines or Support Functions)
CIB Consulting is offering motivated candidates the opportunity to join the Lisbon Team and support its growth within a challenging and dynamic environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform quantitative and qualitative research and analysis to support ongoing projects and practices
· Assist senior colleagues in the creation of complex models and data analysis
· Assist in the preparation of workshops and meetings
· Deliver meaningful content bringing out-of-the-box ideas on top of classic methodologies
· Assist in the preparation and structuring of client presentations
· Support interviews with clients (preparation and participation) and provide insightful results
· Provide continuous support to other team members
· Proactively offer and ask for constructive feedback
· Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Engineering
· Previous experience in management consulting is a plus
· Fluency in English is mandatory; French is a plus
· Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Power Point
· All candidates are expected to be strongly committed, to have excellent adaptability capabilities, and a strong situational intelligence. CIB Consulting values a true sense of teamwork and a dynamic, creative and result-oriented spirit.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.