CIB Consulting Senior Consultant
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets (DM), International Financial Services (IFS) and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors
CIB Consulting is an internal advisory team at the heart of CIB, supporting the rapid growth of the bank in a dynamic market environment. This setup is a credible alternative to external consultancies, creating tailor-made strategies in alignment with the CIB Group. The team brings together former consultants and banking experts who started working closely with the Bank’s Business Lines and Management Board. This team’s history started in Paris (2009), rapidly extending to the APAC (2011), Americas (2013) and has been developing itself in Lisbon since 2015
CIB Consulting conducted hundreds of assignments within CIB. Our work encompasses:
· A high involvement through all project phases (analyzing, designing solutions, providing recommendations, implementing and monitoring the project impact)
· A diverse project scope (Strategy & Growth, Operational Efficiency, People & Organization, Client Experience, Technology & Digital)
· A cross-disciplinary environment (involving several participants and contributors through various Business Lines or Support Functions)
CIB Consulting is offering motivated candidates the opportunity to join the Lisbon Team and support its growth within a challenging and dynamic environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Frame, design and lead autonomously the delivery of one or more projects, ensuring quality and respect of deadlines
· Take full ownership on assigned modules and perform complex modelling and analyses whilst understanding their potential impact for clients
· Follow up on implementation and monitor project’s impact
· Lead workshops and meetings using relevant techniques and providing insightful results
· Deliver meaningful content bringing out-of-the-box ideas on top of classic methodologies
· Prepare and deliver presentations for CIB Management
· Prepare, structure, and conduct project presentations to clients
· Develop client-tailored solutions for previously structured problems
· Grow the CIBC client franchise through long-term partnerships by developing network and relationships with clients on a regular basis (middle and senior management)
· Establish collaborative relationships with clients while maintaining independence and the capacity to challenge them
· Promote CIBC in front of CIB management to enhance the CIBC brand equity
· Seek proactively to participate and help the team beyond the assigned duties
· Coach junior team members and contribute to their professional development
· Proactively offer and ask for constructive feedback
· Enhance team involvement on transversal topics related to CIB Consulting development
· Facilitate the knowledge sharing within the team
· All candidates are expected to be strongly committed, to have excellent adaptability capabilities, and a strong situational intelligence. CIB Consulting values a true sense of team work and a dynamic, creative and result-oriented spirit.
· Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Engineering
· At least four years of working experience
· Previous experience in management consulting or banking is a strong plus
· Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Power Point
· Fluency in English is mandatory; French is a plus
· Availability for a training period abroad if required
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.