BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas CIB (Corporate & Institutional Banking) strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
As a Consultant, with the P4P team within CIB, you will accompany Global Banking EMEA (Europe & Middle-East Africa) in a variety of different projects & programs linked to the transformation of the business lines & their activities. As part of Global Banking (GB), you will develop good knowledge of both GB & CIB organizations & teams that will allow you to better coordinate projects & structure their implementation.
Attentive to the business needs, you will work in a co-constructive approach with the different managers & actors implicated. You should also identify & mobilize the stakeholders and resources necessary for the successful rollout of the initiatives whilst maintaining a continuous dialogue with the businesses concerned and members of GB EMEA Management.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Organizes & steers small Program / Project
Conduct research & analysis and communicates clearly on project objectives
Organizes & Facilitate meetings & workshops
Represents & contributes to create a P4P positive image at middle management level
Accompany sponsor throughout the complete project value chain; from opportunity to framing, structuring & implementation
Produce & follow-up deliverables with respect to quality, deadlines & costs
Prepare concise & clear Operational committee supporting documents PROFILE
- Business management / Engineering bachelors degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in in Project Management, Change Management and/or consulting firm
- Previous work experience in a banking and notably Investment banking, Coverage or Transactional services, Global Markets, IT, Operations, Operational Risk, Regulatory &/or Conduct environment environment are a strong plus
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, in addition to a genuine interest in Project management
- Communication (Good oral & written expression, active listening)
- Proactivity and a problem-solving mind set
- Good organizational & coordination skills
- Time management, prioritisation
- Capacity to work autonomously
- Team spirit, collaborative and inclusive way of working
- At ease with Microsoft Office tools, experienced in project & change management tools & methodologies
- Fluent in written & spoken English (French is a plus)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.