Confirmation Analyst - Dutch Speaker
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The mandate of the Documentation Department is to ensure that every transaction done by the Front Office, as well as every associated events to an existing OTC transaction that requires a confirmation, is properly confirmed with our clients in due time.
Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies and central banks).
We cover multiple asset classes that are: Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Equity Derivatives, Credit and Interest Rate Derivatives. The Documentation department increased developed drastically in the last years by reaching the size of 10 teams with a total of more than 80 team members.
The Documentation teams are responsible for checking the integrity and accuracy of the booking and help the Bank managing the subsequent risks undertaken by the Business lines.
The Documentation team’s primary function is to support BNP Paribas Fortis Business lines through the drafting, chasing and matching of OTC Transactions on a variety of products (vanilla, exotics, complex structures) and asset classes (Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Credit and Interest Rates Derivatives).
The teams perform a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with clients including all post-trade events during the transactions’ life cycle. They make sure that all trades are confirmed and matched before the value date or the maturity of the concerned transactions in order to secure the settlement and avoid as much as possible payment incidents with clients. To do so they identify issues, report them and resolve them by working closely with traders/sales people, legal and other operational departments within the Bank, if need be. The teams are also involved in process improvements with a special focus on straight through processing (STP) and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives, development of new business in different regions of the world.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting of legal confirmations
- Checking of FO booking to ensure all trades are captured in the systems and that the details are in line with the term sheet
- Monitor workflows to ensure confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely dispatch of confirmations by meeting Regulatory targets
- Issuing post trade events notifications to clients such as barrier triggering
- Direct point of escalation internally on drafting /template queries
- Chasing actions to retrieve legal confirmations (electronic and/or paper) for all unconfirmed trades by clients
- Matching of FO booking to ensure all trades are captured in the systems and that the details are in line with documentations received from clients
- Verify and match legal confirmations (electronic and/or physical)
- Monitor workflows to ensure incoming confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely matching of confirmations
- Identifying and solving financial and/or legal discrepancies on incoming confirmations
- Resolving queries and exceptions where necessary, understanding the importance of effective escalation
- Ensure a correct archival of all incoming confirmations
- Ensure Static Data setup linked to confirmations for new / existing clients
- Review regulatory breaches to provide commentary and trend analysis
- Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management
- Daily report and contact with other areas
- Academic background in business
- Fluent in English and Dutch or French (both oral and written communication) is mandatory
- Excellent understanding of OTC derivatives including trade life cycle is a plus
- Ms Office Knowledge
- Excellent numerical skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.