Regulatory List Control Officer (Sanctions / AML)
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
As a Compliance Officer, you will join the “Regulation, Monitoring and Governance” area within the Compliance Hub in Lisbon to support the Business Intelligence Unit (BIU) team in its daily activity.
The BIU is a team based in Paris, responsible for managing Regulatory and Surveillance Lists (Sanctions & AML) for the entire BNP Paribas Group. These lists that may apply locally or worldwide aim at identifying among our managed clients or transactions any link with individuals or entities targeted by the regulatory authorities or by internal policy.
The BIU is actually composed of 5 to 6 persons in Paris and part of the Group Financial Security department (“GFS Paris”).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the oversight and control of the list management set-up
- Standing as guarantor of the data quality and of meeting the Group’s policy requirements on the lead times for making information available
- Keeping lists up-to-the-minute
In BIU, each person works independently but you will be in close relationship with your colleagues in Paris.
- Through the team’s role as list manager for the BNP Paribas Group, you will be led to
- Work across the board and in particular with Compliance heads and compliance officers in the three operational perimeters (DM, IFS & CIB) and often directly with compliance officers in the businesses or territories as well as with other representatives of control and supervisory functions or business teams
You will be in a cross-cutting function with international reach, and will be working in a complex and ever changing regulatory context.
This job will hone your analytical and synthetic skills, and develop your critical faculties, your ability to communicate and to convince, and your capability to mobilize various stakeholders.
- Academic background in business
- Up to 4 years’ experience, ideally in the banking sector and/or in project management
- Good analytical and synthesis skills, and have strong organizational capacities
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Ability to read French (speak is a plus)
- Good Organizational skills
- Knowledge in Pack Office (Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.