At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary:
The Compliance Reporting Manager will lead a cross-functional group of Financial Security and Non-Financial Security analysts focused the development and delivery of a broad set of operational and management related Reports and Analysis for the Compliance Organization and its internal/external Business Partners (including the Bank’s Board of Directors, BNP Paribas and its Regulators).
The Compliance Reporting Manager will review reports and analysis for quality and completeness and ensure that the analysis is accurate and complete and that the reports are insightful and impactful with clear calls to action.
The Compliance Reporting Manager will build and maintain strong relationships with the Bank’s Senior Compliance Leadership Team to gain consensus and buy-in on the Team’s vision.
The Compliance Reporting Manager will leverage their advanced knowledge, problem solving, planning and critical thinking skills to ensure the successful delivery of operational goals. The Compliance Reporting Manager will be responsible for continuously reviewing the groups various reporting deliverables to identify opportunities to innovate and streamline its reporting activities and platforms.
The Compliance Reporting Manager will be responsible for establishing operational plans for the Compliance Reporting Team and working with their various team members to ensure that they understand and are aligned to the Bank’s, the Compliance Organization’s and the Team’s priorities.
The Compliance Reporting Manager will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of top talent in order to deliver on the team’s reporting priorities. The Compliance Reporting Manager will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring their team members to ensure strong employee engagement and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
· Build, manage and transform the Compliance Reporting team to deliver insightful reports and analysis that effectively convey calls to action to Senior Management and Board Committees
· Analyzes both qualitative and quantitative data to provide impactful insights on business performance and trends to Senior Management to support business as usual and strategic initiatives.
· Establish, maintain and continuously improve processes and procedures governing the creation, distribution and management of Compliance Reporting provided to Senior Management and Board committees.
· Oversee the development and socialization of the repository of data elements, goals, business metrics used in reporting KRIs and KPIs to Bank of the West senior management and Board as well as to the IHC and BNPP.
· Develops complex financial and business models used to analyze transactions and operations; collaborates with Business Partners to evaluate enhancement opportunities and operational cost efficiencies.
· Collaborates with various partners to identify and prioritize topics to investigate to determine data required to analyze the topic, build predictive and link analysis models, develops insights and implications.
· Manages special/medium/short-term/ad-hoc projects with minimal management guidance.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 10 - 12 years prior relevant experience in the Financial Services, Legal, Compliance/Risk Management industries
· Minimum of 5 years of direct management experience
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage strong relationships with business partners and external parties.
· Proven track record of delivering meaningful programs and/or initiatives that deliver significant benefits to their employer and/or customers.
· Bachelor's Degree (Communications, Business, Law, Economics and/or Engineering)
· Master’s Degree (Communications, Business, Law, Economics and/or Engineering) and/or MBA with advanced Certifications (e.g., ACAMS, CRCM)
Management and Personal Capabilities
· Deep Financial and Compliance Knowledge including a strong understanding of the U.S. banking industry dynamics, banking products, BSA/AML & Sanctions, Fraud principals, Bank Financial reporting and Banking-Oriented Research Sources
· Outstanding Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills enabling the candidate to rapidly assess complex situations and provide senior leadership with recommendations on how to address the situation
· Highly Adaptable with a demonstrated ability to adjust to a rapidly changing environment and prioritize (and re-prioritize) deliverables for them and their team on an ongoing basis
· Strong Relationship Management skills with a demonstrated ability to build, maintain and enhance relationships with Senior Compliance and Business Leadership to ensure timely and effective Reporting and Analysis and influence decisions
· Recruitment – Demonstrated ability to attract and retain top analytical and reporting talent in order to build and maintain a high performance Compliance Reporting Team
· Coaching & Mentoring – Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor their resources to increase their overall impact and effectiveness and ensure that the team can deliver on its priorities
· Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint products (advanced SharePoint Site Management experience is a plus)
· Data Aggregation & Transformation – Ability to aggregate, condense and transform both quantitative and qualitative business and technical data into easily understandable concepts for senior leadership (Hadoop, SQL, SAS Experience is a plus)
· Data Analysis – Experience analyzing large and diverse complex data sets to identify outliers, emerging trends and areas of opportunities for senior leaders using Excel and/or Visual Analytics Tools (Tableau/SAS experience is a plus)
· KPRI Development – Experience developing enterprise and operational level Key Performance / Risk Indicators and integrating them into day-to-day business activities and reporting; continuously develop improvements to the major periodic reports with the goal of increasing production efficiency and improving usability.
Reporting & Presentation
· Communication – Excellent written and oral communication skills, including developing executive level presentation materials and regulatory related materials with clear messaging and calls to action on a wide array of compliance topics
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.