Compliance Officer (Temporary)
BNP Paribas is a leader in banking and financial services in Europe. The Group is present in 75 countries worldwide and employs more than 185,000 employees. Our Group has two complementary core activities, providing strategic strength and assuring the bank financial solidity: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is one of the largest and leading non-Dutch banks. Thanks to our global network combined with our local expertise, we unlock business opportunities across the world for our clients. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) offers corporates and financial institutions financial solutions in the field of financing, risk management and advisory.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is one of the international leading real estate advisors, with offices in 36 countries and over 3,400 employees and provides real estate services for commercial and corporate real estate.In the Netherlands BNP Paribas Real Estate performs asset/portfolio management, transactions, corporate real estate services, appraisals and consulting for insolvencies, restructuring and the portfolio repositioning.
For the maternity leave cover, BNP Paribas S.A. is looking for a temporary Compliance Officer who will take care of all the Compliance matters at BNP Paribas Real Estate such as developing comprehensive policies and procedures, providing compliance training to staff, to draft protocols, to conduct monitoring activities, perform second level of controls, perform compliance risk assessments, advise on new product developments,
Your tasks will be, amongst others:
- To act as an advisor to the business on compliance related risks;
- Identify developments in the financial markets that may impact BNP Paribas in the Netherlands;
- Ensure that Compliance policies from Group, Real Estate and/or CIB comply with any local specifities on the topics; Market Integrity, Protection of Clients interest, Professional Ethics, Financial Security and KYC have been implemented, correctly and consistently;
- Develop and update compliance procedures;
- Monitor processes to make sure they conform to all procedures and regulations;
- Overall contributing to the protection of the BNP Paribas reputation;
- Develop compliance face to face trainings and provide them on regular basis;
- Perform compliance risk assessments and implement controls to strengthen the compliance setup.
Education: Masters degree (or HBO) in Accountancy, Finance or Law;
Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing both in Dutch and in English;
Flexibility, accuracy and stress-resistance;
Independent, solution minded working ethics and know-how to stand your ground;
Founded knowledge of compliance regulations such as the Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Prevention Act (Wwft);
Experience: 3 to 5 years experience, preferably in the field of regulatory compliance or Real Estate.
Primary Location: NL-NH-AmsterdamJob Type: Fixed TermJob: COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROLSchedule: Part-time