In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Responsible as a team contributor within the Regulatory Office for Compliance advisory and support for regulatory matters for BNPP Group in Singapore
Assist the Head of Regulatory Office to assess and advise on impact of regulatory changes and provide the necessary regulatory advisory to stakeholders.
• Assist the team in the liaison function with regulatory bodies and industry association (MAS, CAD, SPF, ABS) for BNPP Group in Singapore in terms of inspections, official communications, submissions, requests, etc.
• Record, update and disseminate the bank’s regulatory watch (Banking, Securities & Futures Act, etc. ) for consultations, notifications and disseminate to relevant parties on regulatory updates and advise on changes and implications, if any
• Record and update the policies and procedures reflecting the necessary regulatory developments;
• Provide feedback on regulatory advice to internal BNPP stakeholders (Business, Support and Compliance functions) on NAC & TAC for business initiatives, products, outsourcing initiatives, regulatory and financial reporting, etc.
• Perform the required follow-ups and controls required to ensure that regulatory requirements are complied with;
• Assist to provide the necessary reporting to Head Office on regulatory matters;
• Assist in any ad-hoc and projects as assigned by the Head of Regulatory Office and/or Head of Compliance.
Arrangement for Back-up
• Serve as back-up for colleagues within the Regulatory Office Team
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Familiar with regulatory requirements especially the Banking Act & Regulations, etc.
• Proactive, objective and possess an aptitude of risks and controls
• Attention for details and possess an enquiring mindset
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
• Good computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Specific Qualifications Required
• University graduate with relevant professional qualifications
• 5 years’ experience in a role which has given them exposure to internal control framework (e.g. audit, regulatory inspectors, compliance)
• Experience in local regulatory environment and framework is essential