In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
This position is a dual-responsibility role within the Singapore Financial Security/KYC Compliance team within CIB, and will require the candidate to split their time performing both Sanctions Advisory duties in relation to transactional alerts, as well as KYC Advisory duties on new on-boarding and recertification files.
Direct contribution to the Bank’s Operational Permanent Control Framework (Sanctions Advisory)
• Keep up-to-date on OFAC/EU/UN/SG/applicable sanctions laws and regulations, and Group Policies related to the FS/KYC domain.
• Perform Level 3 SHINE alert control clearance and AML/sanctions advisory duties, covering all relevant CIB business lines.
• Identify cases where further investigation/reporting is required (e.g. Internal VSD Referrals/Potential Circumvention Reports, and ensure these reports are properly escalated/logged in the EP Tool/FORECAST/Internal Registers.
• Apply relevant Group/Regional/Local policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions.
• Perform blacklist management duties in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provide recommendations for the addition/modification/removal of names to the SG Local – Compliance Watchlist/Regional Watchlist/other Group Lists.
• Consolidate statistics for monthly/quarterly dashboards and other reporting requirements.
Direct contribution to the bank's operational permanent control framework (KYC Advisory)
• Perform critical review and assessment of KYC risk profile of client files escalated by the due diligence team and provide appropriate clearance
• Provide Financial Security / KYC advisory to the business lines and functions in accordance with prevailing laws and regulations as well as group policies and guidelines.
• Ensure timely and consistent review, implementation and application of KYC/AML/CFT/sanctions laws, regulations and group policies/guidelines
• Participate in Financial Security / KYC processes requiring Compliance involvement in accordance with laws/regulations and group policies/procedures
• Provide support and coordination for regular internal reports, dashboards to Regional Office/Head Office and regulatory reports to MAS
Participate in Financial Security / KYC audit / regulatory missions & projects
• Assist and support all audit / regulatory missions relating to Financial Security/KYC
• Participate in KYC/AML/CFT/Sanctions related projects as required including but not limited to implementation of new / enhanced systems and tools
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written). Role will require writing investigation reports and active communication with internal stakeholders.
• Ability to work well both independently, and in a team setting.
• Good attitude towards learning and adapting to the Bank’s internal processes.
• Working knowledge of the KYC process in a banking context.
• Working knowledge of international financial sanctions and how they apply in a banking context.
• Working knowledge of Corporate and Institutional Banking, and related products and services.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Relevant industry certification (e.g. ACAMS or ICA) preferred.
• Previous experience in a KYC and/or sanctions related role.