In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Compliance Officer dedicated to the Wealth Management Financial Security AML Transversal Team that is part of WM Singapore Compliance.
The Job Holder is a Compliance Officer reporting to the Team Leader in charge of the WM AML Transversal Team.
The WM AML Transversal Team is part of the Singapore WM Compliance AML Team. The Team is in charge of transversal matters that are specific to WM SG Compliance.
Assist in the investigation of
i) Unusual Activity Reports –Manual escalations from any part of the Bank (excluding automated alerts) and
ii) External Triggers- requests from regulators, law enforcement agencies and any other legal order from public authorities, with designated responsibilities for combating ML/TF.
Performing Local Compliance Controls:
Review based on the validated control methodology (frequency of performance, control points and rating where applicable).
• Perform in a timely manner and communicate results to the relevant stakeholders, including any deficiencies that require urgent rectification.
• Produce a heatmap on the areas of concern and highlight recurring issues to compliance management.
- Maintain and ensure the completeness of the At Risk Register for enhanced monitoring of HR accounts.
- Coordinates with Singapore Regulatory Compliance Team to ensure smooth filing of STRs
- Review and ensure the robustness of the bank’s STR process
Compliance Advisory and Support
- Supporting the provision of compliance-related advisory to organizational stakeholders.
- Supports the maintenance of the compliance frameworks by keeping abreast of developments in industry AML/CFT regulations and trends to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to communicate current, new and changing compliance, regulatory and procedural matters
- Supports the conduct of related training
- Support Risk Assessment Exercises
- Coordinate, answer and produce if necessary all reporting related to Financial Security Matters requested by Head Office, Local Management, Territory Compliance or Regulators.
AML Projects and Systems
• Participate as a compliance stakeholder in new and/or existing AML related systems, processes and projects by taking part in working groups and liaise with the relevant departments t to ensure effectiveness of these tools.
• Participate in data analytics initiatives
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Possesses a working knowledge of regulatory compliance policies and standards. .
• Capable of executing tasks independently, meeting deadlines and can balance various priorities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Analytical, detail-oriented, and able to execute procedures diligently.
• Good awareness of risks and controls: able to address conflicts and escalate risks/issues where appropriate.
• Collaborating with various stakeholders to navigate complex and challenging cases/issues.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• A recognized degree in Banking/Finance/Accountancy or related qualifications.
• 3-5 years of experience in compliance, risk controls within Wealth Management.
• Knowledge in Data Science/Data Analytics will be an advantage.