At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
This position is responsible for overseeing Bank of the West’s Compliance Policy Management functions, with a focus on optimizing processes for ongoing alignment to Bank of the West’s parent and intermediate holding companies. The demands of this position require a hyper-organized administrator who serves as the central point of contact for policy intake, inventory, assignments, tracking, reporting, and troubleshooting where needed to improve process and communication flows. This position also plays a critical role in preparing policies for Executive and Board-level reviews, managing an annual calendar and shepherding the policy owners through the process to ensure on-time delivery and streamlined review processes for all stakeholders. From this central function, the successful candidate will have a bird’s eye view of all Compliance Policy activity across the Compliance while also supporting the internal alignment activities of the Business Lines to ensure full implementation of Compliance Policies.
Key Position Accountabilities
Serves as central point of contact for Compliance Policy alignment processes, including intake for all BNPP/IHC policies, liaising with policy owners/domain heads to assign reviews appropriately, tracking progress, helping resolve impediments to timely alignment, and preparing reporting on progress in regular management forums.
· Manages inventory of policies, alignment progress, and target dates for completion.
· Provides support and guidance to the business lines on internal and external alignment activities.
· Tracks and reports on internal policy exceptions and approved derogations/waivers from parent company policy.
Supports annual policy governance calendar and works with policy owners to ensure updates occur on schedule.
Supports internal business unit alignment activities within Bank of the West.
Bachelor Degree and 3 to 5 years of compliance, risk, internal audit, or regulatory experience in the financial services industry
Other Desired Experience and Skills
· Master’s Degree and/or relevant certifications preferred
· Highly organized and diligent, with careful attention to detail and deadlines
· Experience engaging stakeholders across diverse business groups and teams
· Demonstrated ability to balance and execute on competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization
· Strong general knowledge of banking with an understanding of Retail, Commercial, Wealth Management products and services
· Strong knowledge of banking and consumer protection regulations including BSA/AML, Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, FCPA, Reg W, and others.
· Ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results
· Strong time management and project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to operate independently
· Computer literacy required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.