In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The regional Compliance Control and Risk Management (CCRM) team
• Ensures the definition and deployment of a robust and efficient Compliance control framework across the region;
• Performs periodic control testing on the Compliance APAC function and APAC business lines, via execution of Group Control Plans
Coordinates the execution of Compliance risk assessment initiatives and the production of key Compliance reporting;
• Track the status of Compliance-related recommendations to ensure that corrective actions are implemented within agreed timeframe;
The Compliance Control Officer APAC is in charge of performing periodical 2nd level control testing on APAC Compliance function and Business Lines in order to assess the effectiveness of the regional Compliance control framework across all Compliance Domains (Professional Ethics, Financial Security, Market Integrity, Fiscal and Banking Laws, Protection of Interests of Clients).
• Compliance Control testing
- Perform Compliance control testing, based on Group Compliance Control Plans. Ensure adequate adaptation and rollout across a given perimeter.
- Communicate review results, present identified issues to Country Compliance, work with Country Compliance to develop and implement a plan of corrective actions
- Escalate potential issues and exceptions items noted during the controls
- Track status of corrective action plans agreed with Country Compliance
- Maintain detailed and organised documentation of work products
- Coordinate with other professionals in the organisation, including other Compliance teams and Internal Audit, as necessary
- Remain current on Group policies and industry rules, regulations and best practices to help ensure that the testing program meets Group and regulatory standards
• Communication and reporting
- Ensure high quality testing results, action plans and reports (dashboards) are published
- Communicate on control and risk management matters (including identified issues) with relevant Compliance / Business / Country stakeholders on a given perimeter
- Provide status report to Management on a regular basis
• Contribute to ensuring that an appropriate Compliance procedure framework is maintained
• Contribute to tracking and reporting of Compliance related incidents and open audit recommendations
• Contribute to the response to regulatory and internal audit assignments as required
• Contribute to risk assessment initiatives as required
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
• Good level of understanding of Compliance, risk and control matters
• Ability to prioritize and work independently
• Ability to evaluate complex situations and to issue appropriate and pragmatic recommendations
• Team player with interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Experience in coordination, reporting and communication with senior management
• Self-confidence, ability to stand their ground when requiredExperience and Qualifications required
• Compliance / Audit / Control / Risk Management experience
• Qualifications in finance, law or accounting appreciated
• Fluent in English.