In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
• Perform ongoing AML/CTF risk monitoring on clients and account transactions covered by APAC AML Activity and Transaction Ongoing Monitoring ("ATOM") tool.
• Review, analyze and dispose of ATOM alerts in accordance with predefined rules and relevant procedures in relation to Level 2 alert investigations in particular.
• Ensure escalation of ATOM alerts to Country Compliance is proper, in a timely manner and supported by relevant information and due diligence search results.
• Perform the team lead roles to provide necessary guidance and support to alert analysts of APAC ATOM Hub.
• Support the Head of APAC ATOM Hub to implement and execute APAC ATOM procedure and other relevant policies and procedures of BNPP.
• Assist the Head of APAC ATOM Hub to manage the alert handling functions and ensure alerts of APAC ATOM Hub are disposed of within the indicative target timelines without compromising the quality and completeness of the analysis.
• Conduct QA reviews and four eye reviews of alerts of APAC ATOM Hub in accordance with the relevant procedures.
• Prepare monthly APAC ATOM Hub dashboards and coordinate monthly meetings with relevant stakeholders.
• Assist in ATOM projects and user testing assessments as and when required.
• Facilitate Regional & Country AML Compliance teams in handling internal audit and regulatory/law enforcement agency requests/investigations in the context of SAR/STR decision.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• At least 4 years’ experience in banking /financial industry or handling AML transaction monitoring and investigation.
• A good understanding of corporate banking and trade finance transactions.
• Familiar with international AML regulations and sanctions.
• Ability to lead a team of analysts as well as work independently.
• Ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
• Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in APAC region.
• Ideally be familiar with navigating the operational tools which support AML/CFT Compliance controls.
Specific Qualifications Required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution (e.g. ICA or ACAMS). Post-graduate degree or law degree may be a plus.
• Asian language capability is desirable but not essential.
Primary Location: SG-06-SingaporeJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: COMPLIANCEEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 7 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Critical thinking, Communication skills - oral & written, Attention to detail / rigorTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change, Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment, Analytical Ability