Compliance KYC Officer, Wealth Management (Account Review)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• Member of the KYC/AML account recertification team.
• Enforce Wealth Management Compliance policies and procedures.
• Provide advisory to Business and Functions on KYC/AML related issues
• To diligently carry out the account recertification process and ensure accounts are compliant, especially on issues of money laundering, adverse media, sanctions, via the due diligence review and transaction monitoring processes; and to flag out and alert managers as and when suspicious activities are found.
• To work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• To identify issues during the review process and communicate effectively to Front Office in an efficient manner.
• To assist and actively take part in the client acceptance and recertification committee by performing compliance risk analysis, providing mitigating solutions and presenting to the committee members for deliberation.
• To proactively identify potential gaps in our current processes/policies against regulatory requirements, and bring up to management immediate attention.
• To keep abreast of new regulations and to update management and colleagues on impact of changes.
• To recommend ways to improve efficiency on the current review process.
• To lead ad hoc projects, in particular, projects related to procedures development, process improvements, and control & system enhancements.
• To prepare training materials and provide live trainings to Front Office on KYC-related matters, and promote compliance awareness and culture.
• To investigate, analyze, prepare memo, and ensure required protocol is followed through for STR-related cases.
• To assist with review and comment on proposed new policies.
• To assist with internal audits, regulatory inspection and investigation.
• To work with Home Office Compliance on derogations and other policies-related matters.
• To identify and control compliance risks, implementing monitoring measures where required.
• To assist in preparing relevant compliance reports pertaining to Wealth Management for submission to Head Office and ensuring accomplishment of the Department’s mission.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Familiar with Hong Kong laws and regulations.
• A team player and work well with people
• Able to work independently, perform under pressure with tight deadlines and multi-tasks.
• A good knowledge of compliance framework.
• Have strong written and communication skills.
• Strong presentation skill
Specific Qualifications Required
• University graduate.
• Compliance experience in Wealth Management/Private Bank.
• Fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin.