In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The regional Compliance Independent Testing Team
• Ensures the definition and deployment of a robust and efficient Compliance control framework across the region;
• Performs 2nd level independent control testing to assess the adequacy of the 1st line control framework in place at Compliance and Business Lines levels in Asia Pacific;
The Compliance Independent Testing Officer is in charge of defining and performing an independent control testing plan on APAC functions and Business Lines in order to assess the effectiveness of the regional control framework across one or multiple Compliance Domains (AML/CFT, Financial Sanctions, Protection of Client Interests, Professional Ethics, Market Integrity, Fiscal regulation, Banking Structural Reform, Regulatory Reporting).
• Compliance independent control testing
1. Define and perform a Compliance independent control testing plan in order to assess the quality of the control framework with regards to Compliance risks
2. Communicate review results to concerned stakeholders, work with concerned stakeholders to identify a plan of corrective actions
3. Escalate potential issues and exceptions
4. Track status of corrective action plans
5. Maintain detailed and organised documentation of work products
6. Coordinate with other professionals in the organisation, including other Compliance teams and Internal Audit, as necessary
7. Remain current on Group policies, regulations and best practices to help ensure that the testing program meets Group and regulatory standards
• Communication and reporting
1. Ensure high quality testing results, action plans and reports are published
2. Communicate on control and risk management matters with relevant Compliance / Business / territory stakeholders
3. Provide status report to Management on a regular basis
• Compliance domains, business lines and territories covered
1. The team is in charge of covering all Compliance domains (AML/CFT, Financial Sanctions & Embargoes, Protection of Client Interest, Professional Ethics, Market Integrity, Fiscal Regulations, Banking Structural Reform, Regulatory Reporting).
2. The business lines covered are CIB (including Global Markets, Global Banking, BP2S) and Wealth Management
3. The scope includes all 12 territories where BNP Paribas is located in Asia Pacific.
• Contribute to tracking and reporting of Compliance related issues
• Contribute to the response to regulatory and internal audit assignments as required
• Contribute to independent reviews or risk assessment initiatives as required
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
• Understanding of Compliance, regulatory, risk or control matters
• Ability to prioritize and work independently
• Ability to evaluate complex situations and to issue appropriate and pragmatic recommendations
• Team player with interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Self-confidence, ability to stand their ground when required
• Be flexible and adaptable to work on different topics
Experience and Qualifications required
• Compliance / Audit / Control / Risk Management experience
• Fluent in English.