The role of the Compliance Associate is to support the compliance and risk management program relating to the BNP Paribas Asset Management Australian business and to assist in monitoring adherence to investment guidelines, local regulatory requirements and global group standards.
- Support the compliance and risk management programs, including perform periodic testing and reporting.
- Review marketing, promotional and communication materials to mitigate misselling and reputational risk.
- Maintain and update compliance registers.
- Liaise with investment managers on compliance certifications, licensing and violations.
- Liaise with service providers on trust compliance risk-related issues.
- Assist with breaches and errors and ensure proper reporting, escalation and corrective measures are taken.
- Assist with compliance training for new and existing employees.
- Assist in the preparation of Committee papers.
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documentation from internal and external stakeholders.
- Lodgement of regulatory filings.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist with other tasks as requested from time to time by the Head of Compliance.
- Assist the APAC Head of Compliance with regional compliance tasks, regional projects and coordination, as required.
- Technical knowledge – Ability to develop a sound level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas. Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise
- Risk awareness - Adheres to the organization’s processes and procedures. Demonstrates a good understanding of compliance issues and implements work practices that minimize operational and reputational risk
- Excellence - Results driven, committed to achieve consistently high standards in people, products and service that will make us the provider of choice for clients, and deliver returns for shareholders
- Resilience - Continues to work effectively and pursue goals when faced with obstacles, periods of change and uncertainty, or resistance from others. Maintains effectiveness in uncertain or ambiguous situations
- Planning & Execution - Establishes courses of action for self to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages own time and resources to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Collaborative approach - Supports and shows respect for others. Puts people first, and works effectively with individuals, teams and clients.
- Communication - Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience. Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
- Client Focus - Commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our internal and external clients’ needs and to changes in the market
- Undergraduate degree in business, law or a related discipline
- Preferably 2 years industry experience within financial services
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work in a control function
- General knowledge or capacity to acquire knowledge of regulatory environment for financial services in Australia
- General knowledge or capacity to acquire knowledge of regulatory requirements of anti-money laundering and combating terrorist financing
- General knowledge or capacity to acquire knowledge of control concept as well as compliance rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills, deadline driven.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and fluent in English.
- High level of attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to learn
- A good team player
- Proactive and ability to work unsupervised and independently