At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for all activities associated with assigned Sanctions laws and regulations to ensure Bank compliance with those regulations and other legal requirements. Responsible for assisting the Sanctions Compliance Manager in the execution and coordination of an enterprise-wide OFAC and Sanctions compliance program. Responsible for working with business units to ensure implementation of risk based OFAC compliance programs and controls across the Bank.
- Act as the subject matter resource on assigned Sanctions related laws and regulations, and internal policies and procedures, keeping abreast of OFAC/Sanctions regulatory developments impacting the Bank. Provides consultation on Sanctions matters to business units and other compliance departments.
- Acts as enterprise-wide point-of-contact for all escalations relating to sanctions matters such as: real-time payments; customer account/relationship alerts; escalations; tracking; other sanctions concerns.
- Identify training needs and support development of content for business units and compliance departments, especially those of which arise from investigation-related matters. As appropriate, deliver in-person or web-based Sanctions compliance ad-hoc training for various groups.
- Manages and updates Sanctions related databases from external and internal sources. Provides metrics to support the Bank’s management information reporting for senior compliance leadership and BNPP reporting.
- Assists the Sanctions Manager in preparation and ongoing support for regulatory examinations, and reviews by Inspection Generale and Compliance Independent Testing; includes participating in remediation of any identified findings or recommendations arising from such reviews.
- Performs special projects regarding Bank compliance activities which may require research and analysis, including the preparation to senior compliance leadership.
- Produces voluntary self-disclosures for review by Head of Sanctions and BNPP colleagues.
- Reviews and investigates OFAC administrative subpoenas.
- Prepare weekly and annual OFAC Block and Reject reporting, as well as other reporting, in coordination with BNPP.
- Monitor and recommend changes to sanctions compliance policies, standards, and procedures, in close coordination Sanctions Advisory Officer, and Compliance Program team.
- Enforces compliance policies and procedures developed by the Sanctions Policy Advisory Officer and Compliance Program Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5
years related bank compliance experience at major banking institution or
Five to seven years internal audit,
compliance, or regulatory experience.
Pref Education or Equivalent
Strong knowledge of OFAC Sanctions,
Anti-Boycott, and other prominent sanctions programs (e.g. EU, UN), Bank
Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, and FFIEC Examinations Manual
Exceptional communication skills
(both written and oral); experience making presentations to senior level
Independent worker, analytical and
critical thinker; ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Computer literacy required (Word,
Strong knowledge of general banking
with an understanding of deposit, lending and alternative investment products.
Strong knowledge and expertise of
Sanctions laws and regulations.
Strong interpersonal skills for
Strong writing skills for
composition of reports.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Compliance