Compensation, Data and Controls Analyst
• Head of Canada Compensation, Benefits and Payroll
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Compensation, Data and Controls Analyst supports the Head of Canada Compensation by leveraging his knowledge and skills in order to ensure pay equity, data quality and control execution/reporting in due time. As a Compensation, Data and Controls Analyst, you will play a key role in:
• Ensuring that employees pay is fair and competitive;
• Ensuring that the HR data is accurately entered, managed and reported;
• Ensuring that HR procedures are properly applied in order to mitigate operational risks.
• Participate in the annual Compensation Review Process
• Answer to Compensation surveys and analyse results
• Perform job evaluations and salary benchmarks
• Participates in pay equity analysis
• Control data quality of information within HR IT systems and databases by designing and performing routine integrity checks and data clean-up.
• Overview maintenance and administration of physical copies of employees’ files.
• Reconcile between PeopleSoft and other internal HR systems.
• Manage data archiving and data deletion.
• Serve as a key liaison with all stakeholders in terms of HR IT (IT, ADP, Finance, US HRIS…) and provide technical support to HR staff and end users of HR applications.
• Perform all data reporting from the HR systems and customize standard reports to match stakeholders requirements.
• Support maintenance and development of HR systems and interfaces.
Controls Implementation & Execution
• Perform and document controls relevant to data management.
• Monitor the execution on an ongoing basis of all HR controls identified in the control plan.
• Develop awareness to operational risks among HR team members and provide them technical support for their control self-assessment.
• Serve as a key liaison with all controls stakeholders (audit, risk, compliance, US controls).
• Analyse and report operational risk incidents.
• Ensure enhancement of processes and prevention of incidents by proposing and implementing updates/new controls to the control framework where relevant.
• Participates in controls audit by internal risk, audit or compliance.
• Manage and implement controls recommendations received by risk, audit or compliance.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a BNP Paribas employee in Montreal, you will benefit from:
• Working in a brand new Flexible working office space
• Comprehensive Benefits policy
• Giving back to the community through the Volunteering committee (Tree planting, Welcome Hall Mission, etc.)
• Participating in various activities through the Sports & Leisure Committee all year round
• Improving hard and soft skills thanks to the numerous BNPP Canada Academy trainings
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree, in Human Resources, Business or Actuarial Science or similar field.
• 1 to 2 years of HR experience within a large organization preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in French and English
• Analytical skills : Analyse job descriptions based on their level of knowledge, skills, complexity, latitude and impact in order to determine the fair value in regards to both internal and external equity. Analysis of diverse reports in order to reconcile data or solve problems.
• Information Technology skills: Very good knowledge of Excel is required to produce/analyse reports. Ability to adapt to an environment having many systems and to thoroughly understand the inter-relations between the different systems.
• Methodological skills: Ability to implement and follow procedures. Ability to develop validation tools and reports aimed at ensuring data quality. Properly document work for future reference.
• Rigor: Professionalism, attention to details and self-validation. Application of internal rules / laws. Respect deadline of deliverables.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.